Author Topic: NJSWF Surf Tournament!!!  (Read 25333 times)

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
Re: NJSWF Surf Tournament!!!
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2012, 11:19:55 AM »
I am a maybe...

TT^

Offline Mbailey33

« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2012, 11:41:28 AM »
Count me in, you vets definately need a noob to laugh at  ;D
You are SOOOO NOT A A NOOB!!!!!!!!! I fished next to you...you know your chit man!!!!!! The silent fisherman, or is that Mark? Or maybe Denn....  ;D ;D

hhppy  Thank you for the vote of confidence......although i caught you as many times as i caught fish........Im still glad you didnt make me swim home  rofla

« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 11:42:38 AM by Mbailey33 »
Never put off until tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow

Offline Ms Fish

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2012, 12:45:29 PM »
Count me in, you vets definately need a noob to laugh at  ;D
You are SOOOO NOT A A NOOB!!!!!!!!! I fished next to you...you know your chit man!!!!!! The silent fisherman, or is that Mark? Or maybe Denn....  ;D ;D

hhppy  Thank you for the vote of confidence......although i caught you as many times as i caught fish........Im still glad you didnt make me swim home  rofla

Catching you was not such a bad thing at all!!!! I would never make you swim home... you were catching to many fish!!!  ;D ;D

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2012, 12:48:38 PM »
Matt I may need a surf pole.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

I may need one too...I haven't fished in so long, I am not sure where it is fcp hhppy!

TT^

Offline Mbailey33

« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2012, 12:50:36 PM »
I have 2 extra 10footers if theyre needed.....not a StCroix by any means, but they work well. t^
Never put off until tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2012, 02:28:57 PM »
I have extra equipment I will bring as long as it fits in the holders. 
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline FishOn

« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2012, 03:07:42 PM »
Any consideration on instead of cash prize, maybe a donation to a local charity or other good cause?
Who are you to judge the life I live? I'm not perfect and I don't have to be! Before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean. - Bob Marley

Offline swfishermen

• Full Member of the Den
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2012, 03:10:15 PM »
im definitely in! TT^

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2012, 03:31:46 PM »
Any consideration on instead of cash prize, maybe a donation to a local charity or other good cause?
Ah.. we do that at the Banquet. take the cash ;D

Offline Mr Limpett

« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2012, 05:58:18 PM »
 t^ Not expecting a lot of money anyway. 10 people are needed just for the winning Bass.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 05:59:39 PM by Mr Limpett »
"I wish I was a fish"
-Mr Limpet

Offline FishOn

« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2012, 05:59:42 PM »
Ah.. we do that at the Banquet. take the cash ;D

TT^
Who are you to judge the life I live? I'm not perfect and I don't have to be! Before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean. - Bob Marley

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2012, 07:22:04 PM »
I haven't seriously fished the surf in twenty + years.

If my busy schedule allows me to pull myself away from, ummmm, ummmm, whatever it is I do, I can either be in for fishing or as an official weigh master. Will see when a date is picked.  t^
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline kayak1

• only at night
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2012, 07:36:54 PM »
This is great....Count me in.....  t^
The areas I fish are the ones you said where a wast of time

Offline Mr Limpett

« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2012, 09:24:53 PM »
I haven't seriously fished the surf in twenty + years.

If my busy schedule allows me to pull myself away from, ummmm, ummmm, whatever it is I do, I can either be in for fishing or as an official weigh master. Will see when a date is picked.  t^

The date is chosen, Be There!
I can feel the love, there will be BBQ, Breakfast, lunch, dogs burgers, etc. Come on everybody, lets do this. It's all about fun and fishing, it's what NJSWF is all about! If you've never surf fished before, this is the time to try!
"I wish I was a fish"
-Mr Limpet

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2012, 09:53:04 PM »
I'm Impressed t^ 

Offline overbite

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2012, 05:06:16 PM »
 slt Big John requested this post so here it is. grtn
suggested site ( Sandy Hook ) Everyone knows where it is and might of fished there, It has many beaches to chose from from the entrance to the tip.this time of year all the beaches are open to fishing. Some more popular then others. Plenty of Parking, Open at Sun Rise typ. 5am. closed at sun down, Easy access to all beaches. Tides  5hrug There are 2 covered Picnic Pavilions Called Guaddian Park with Tables and BBQ grills. first come first served. might be able to reserve it. But since this is a informal group ( RIGHT ) Just one happy family outing.  t^ there is no group fees involved as with a organized Group outing.  5hrug Called rangers station earlier no fire on the beaches or BBQs I would suggest if this is the site picked that the The Pavilions be head quarters, Fish where you may HONOR system  t^
it can be all set up and all the stuff can be set up and in place very early. with coffee and scrapple going  hhppy. This also is a great family place also  there are many things to see and do. a search of Sandy Hook Gateway National Park will show and tell of it all. I might also suggest a meeting of the minds maybe at the Hook Pavilion, like advance registration, Payed in Advance, Food costs. BYOB  chrz  is allowed in The National Park not in state parks  :'( Prizes if any for the first time. I would ask the local bait shops for a sponsorship or prize. these are just my suggestions. And if anyone wants a full tour of The park it can be arranged for that day. From Gun emplacements and working historical Light House and Museum.  Have to check the date if any other events or festivals are on that date At Fort Hancock . they would just add to the day.
Hope this is what you asked for BigJohn.
Photo is one of the Big guns being restored by a Militia they hold tours on weekends. it is Battery Gunnison just one of many places of interest . May of you probably have passed it all not knowing the history and its Mission From WW 1 to the Nike era  Cold war. how the Sate took over and then turned it over to The Nation Parks. There is even Overnight Camping now do not know much about that yet TENT  5hrug CAMPERS  5hrug one thing would be cert en In the summer The Plague of the usual insects. think its called DEETVILLE  thud  Almost forgot ( Poison Ivy ) Skunks Fox Raccoon's bird watching 
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 05:20:56 PM by overbite »

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2012, 05:10:32 PM »
IBSP.. central t^

Offline overbite

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2012, 06:16:14 PM »
SHNP.. Central also  t^ t^

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2012, 12:43:03 PM »
I vote for IBSP, like Rod said it is central to the guys south as well.  Plus the access to the beach is much better as their are parking areas 23 of them to be exact.  Pick your beach that is close to a parking area and go for it.

We have used A10 before for NJSWF events and it worked out great.  From there anglers can fan out either by foot or by beach buggie and fish tons of holes and cuts.  A10, is one of the better holes as it has been very productive for years now especially at night.

As for me I have a walking problem (2 artificial hips) if Sandy Hook is chosen I will have to bow out.  But,IBSP with its many lots I like a few others will have a better time getting around.  Besides I have a beach buggie permit to drive on the beach.  If any one wants I can ferry those in my situation back and forth from a lot to the surf.

Happy Catching

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline Ms Fish

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2012, 12:51:08 PM »
I will go where ever and when ever to fish with you guys and if needed I'll carry Paul if I have to so he can fish with us! Nuff said!!!!  

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-