Author Topic: whats catching?  (Read 5274 times)

Offline Takes Prizoners

• Super Hero Member
whats catching?
« on: October 11, 2012, 04:06:16 PM »
buddy and I heading out for an all nighter tomorrow night.  Looking to start down around Manasquan around 11 then work our way up to sandy hook for the morning high tide

Offline Still Running

• AKA-Rick(Dieselhp)
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
    • truck parts
Re: whats catching?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2012, 05:55:33 PM »
Good luck  t^
Fishing Sandy Hook and anywhere I can get on a boat.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife sells all of my fishing tackle for what she thinks I paid for it!
Www.HNCTruckParts.com

Offline overbite

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2012, 09:19:03 AM »
Looking forward to hearing how you Did. It surely was on the cool side. Hope the catching was warmer.  Bill
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 09:19:56 AM by overbite »

Offline Scott G.

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2012, 09:51:52 AM »
 t^ GOOD LUCK  t^
Fishing, with me, has always been an excuse to drink in the daytime.

Offline Ms Fish

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2012, 10:21:28 AM »
Make sure you let us know how you or ya'll do if you are going with anyone; and photos photos photos  ;D ;D Good Luck!!!!  t^

Offline Takes Prizoners

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2012, 01:18:07 PM »
Thanks everyone.  I'll be sure to post pics of the even of the bait I catch. lol

Offline Takes Prizoners

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2012, 04:04:21 PM »
skunked.  couldn't even get more than a few mullet in the bucket.  Plugged, jigged, live-lined and no results.  not even a bite.  started around 10pm at mantoloking bridge.  a few other guys there but no one bringing anything in.  Moved up to manasquan inlet on the north jetty.  lots of bait jumping in the rough surf but again no bites on either side of the north jetty.  was going to try shark river inlet but decided to try belmar marina for more mullet for later.  Lots and lots of bait but nothing feeding on them.  Made the last move around 4:30am to sandy hook.  drove out to parking lot k, made the hike.  Only 2 other cars in the parking lot. rough surf and a not so pleasant wind.  bucktailed, plugged, ran jigs through the sand, live-lined and still nothing.  no signs of life so packed it in around 7:30.

Offline Salty Dog

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2012, 05:03:53 PM »
Wow ! You certainly put ypur time and effort into it .Think you would've picked something up ,just on your time and effort .I fished Friday morning with the same results .

Offline Takes Prizoners

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2012, 07:02:24 PM »
well, my buddy FINALLY bought his own rod n reel. lol. so we decided to go out like the old days.  Just going to have to try again next weekend

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2012, 08:09:53 PM »
 t^

Offline FishOn

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2012, 10:01:35 PM »
How mad are you going to be if I post my report of northern ocean county not far from where you started and not much later than when you left?
Just kidding, I suck too. Had fish slurping bait for a solid two hours on the outgoing but I only ended up with one bump. Only bait I saw was spearing and I'm pretty sure the slurps were from the little micro bass all over the bay right now. You put in way more effort than I did so I'm surprised you didn't find anything
Who are you to judge the life I live? I'm not perfect and I don't have to be! Before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean. - Bob Marley

Offline Takes Prizoners

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2012, 10:20:34 PM »
lol, I don't know that many spots down that way. Never really go further south than that. In the summer, I always found myself down at mantoloking bridge catching bait on a sabiki rig. Usually I rig the 1st live piece of bait and letting it swim while I fill the bucket.  I was suprised the mullet even went for it.  I've never been able to get them to bite it before.

Offline overbite

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2012, 02:17:13 PM »
How mad are you going to be if I post my report of northern ocean county not far from where you started and not much later than when you left?

Just kidding, I suck too.  :headscra: rofla TT^ chrz Had fish slurping bait for a solid two hours on the outgoing but I only ended up with one bump. Only bait I saw was spearing and I'm pretty sure the slurps were from the little micro bass all over the bay right now. You put in way more effort than I did so I'm surprised you didn't find anything

Just having some Fun Don't take it personal  Bill slt
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 02:20:25 PM by overbite »

Offline FishOn

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2012, 02:52:05 PM »

Just kidding, I suck too.  :headscra: rofla TT^ chrz Had fish slurping bait for a solid two hours on the outgoing but I only ended up with one bump. Only bait I saw was spearing and I'm pretty sure the slurps were from the little micro bass all over the bay right now. You put in way more effort than I did so I'm surprised you didn't find anything

Just having some Fun Don't take it personal  Bill slt

What are you talking about Bill?
Who are you to judge the life I live? I'm not perfect and I don't have to be! Before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean. - Bob Marley

Offline FishOn

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2012, 02:55:35 PM »
Oh I see, you cleverly edited in some smileys to my post. Good one

November 3rd - surf tournament

Offline Mr Limpett

« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2012, 08:28:24 PM »
Oh I see, you cleverly edited in some smileys to my post. Good one

November 3rd - surf tournament

All entrants may be subject to pat downs and strip searches  :headscra:  clp  rofla
"I wish I was a fish"
-Mr Limpet

Offline overbite

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2012, 09:03:50 PM »
No fish its the words before them. Bill  chrz

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-