Author Topic: Penn Senator Rod  (Read 7500 times)

Offline DJ76

Penn Senator Rod
« on: October 12, 2012, 09:46:16 PM »
hello everyone.  Get a call today from my buddy and says he has a fishing pole to drop off.  So he hands me a 6'6" Penn Senator that appears to be i dunno maybe twenty or so years old and never used (original price tag on but price scratched off).  there are literally 3 scratches on it and thats it.   Looking for a little more info on it.  I beleive its a tuna or trolling rod ???

The rod says Penn Senator and the model is S-3260RF Line Range 40-60 lb.  There is also a writing that says 6/0 (six ought like a hook size).  Closer towards the handle it says "penn rods of champions".

I'm also looking for what a fair market value would be for this.  He claims he has other items like a reel that goes with this rod that they are just looking to get rid of a bunch of stuff they have.   thanks for the input. grtn

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.
~Stephen B. Leacock

Offline DJ76

Re: Penn Senator Rod
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012, 09:46:55 PM »
another pic
It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.
~Stephen B. Leacock

Offline DJ76

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2012, 09:47:35 PM »
last pic
~Stephen B. Leacock

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2012, 10:06:39 PM »
Probably worth about $50 or so.  And 6/0 is the  size of the Senator reel that it would match up with.

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2012, 10:45:15 PM »
Its not worth nothing, get whatever he has and Ill take it off your hands so your not stuck with it ;D :P. Always glad to help
Its better to sit in a boat and think about God, than to sit in a church and think about fishing.

Offline DJ76

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2012, 11:17:26 PM »
Its not worth nothing, get whatever he has and Ill take it off your hands so your not stuck with it ;D :P. Always glad to help

funny i told him the same thing...hence why I have the rod rofla
~Stephen B. Leacock

Offline IKAT

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2012, 06:22:52 AM »
Den I could use a new walking stick   TT^

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2012, 08:29:45 AM »
Maybe an antique shop would want it.   :-\

It looks like it would get the job done fighting a big fish. maybe your friends has a reel around that would match the rod.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 08:43:25 AM by Hunter 2 »
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline Fishin Dude

• Super Hero Member
  • FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2012, 12:32:38 PM »
I'm going to say realistically, about the $30-$40 range without a reel. If he has a Penn 6/0 for it, depending on the condition of the reel and gear ratio (Black or Red sideplates), sold as a combo, would probabally be easier to sell. E-Bay could bring the price up, but shipping a fishing rod has challenges. As with anything else, it's only worth what you can actually sell it for. 

What other "Stuff" is he looking to get rid of?
I've spent most of my life fishing, the rest I've just wasted     <'((((><

Offline DJ76

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2012, 01:20:57 PM »
I'm going to say realistically, about the $30-$40 range without a reel. If he has a Penn 6/0 for it, depending on the condition of the reel and gear ratio (Black or Red sideplates), sold as a combo, would probabally be easier to sell. E-Bay could bring the price up, but shipping a fishing rod has challenges. As with anything else, it's only worth what you can actually sell it for. 

What other "Stuff" is he looking to get rid of?

apparently the guy (who passed away) purchased a bunch of fishing gear for his boat years back but never got the opportunity to use anything. 5hrug  I told my buddy that I may want some stuff.  apparently there is a room full of items.  we will see.
~Stephen B. Leacock

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-