Author Topic: Raritan Bay and all Surrounding waters Contaminated  (Read 14749 times)

Offline overbite

• Super Hero Member
Raritan Bay and all Surrounding waters Contaminated
« on: November 05, 2012, 02:52:32 PM »
As if the waters were not bad enough with pollutants already. Tons and Millions of gallons of Raw Sewage, Fuels,& Many Chemicals are being added daily. from NY and NJ. Its reported that its so toxic if you come into contact it must be washed right away soap and water. along with anything else that comes in contact with it. The NY subway system has added its own brew. Sewerage plants will be pumping directly into the waters. NY alone will amount in the billions of gallons.
And all this goes down the coast line. or settles locally. No Surf shoreline fishing this year for me.  Bill

Offline Takes Prizoners

• Super Hero Member
Re: Raritan Bay and all Surrounding waters Contaminated
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2012, 03:26:29 PM »
I saw a reccent picture of manasquan inlet. water never looked cleaner. lol, but thats a pretty good distance away

Offline Andys Delight

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2012, 03:34:31 PM »
I saw a reccent picture of manasquan inlet. water never looked cleaner. lol, but thats a pretty good distance away

I also saw what overbite is referring to.  There's over 300k gallons of diesel fuel, sewage from NY harbor and all Raritan Bay surrounding towns on NY/NJ side.  They're advising to disinfect anything that touches the water. 
The cure for everything is salt water: sweat, tears, and the sea.

Offline bugmannj

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2012, 06:06:39 PM »
 nosmly there goes striper fishing this year.
Good things come to those who bait

Builds and repairs rods if needed

Offline Takes Prizoners

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2012, 06:28:28 PM »
is there an official advisory?

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2012, 06:30:14 PM »
You have all seen the pictures of my house at this point that brown mud on my floor is sewage
Its better to sit in a boat and think about God, than to sit in a church and think about fishing.

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2012, 07:42:41 PM »
 nosmly

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline Ms Fish

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2012, 09:59:44 PM »
fcp Great.... just freeking great.... its gonna be a long time guys...a long time... :'( :'(

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2012, 08:28:59 AM »
Road trip!! t^

Floridas sounds nice
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline Still Running

• AKA-Rick(Dieselhp)
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
    • truck parts
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2012, 08:54:11 AM »
Road trip!! t^

Floridas sounds nice

When we going?
Fishing Sandy Hook and anywhere I can get on a boat.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife sells all of my fishing tackle for what she thinks I paid for it!
Www.HNCTruckParts.com

Offline Ms Fish

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2012, 09:27:06 AM »
Road trip!! t^

Floridas sounds nice

When we going?

Im in! My brother lives in Mirimar... small place but we can cram in!!!! Free room and board, sweet built in pool, beach 15 mins away, fishing on HB's bout 30 depending on traffic. We leave before the suns comes up so we dont hit any!!!! The Flamingo!! That is actually me taking her in through the inlet...it ws sooo cool!!! 
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 09:29:45 AM by Ms Fish »

Offline Joeya78

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2012, 08:51:46 AM »
I caught bass and tog yesterday and the fish were clean as could be. The ocean also looked ok off the coast from belmar north, a few logs but not much else in the water. The back of the raritan I would be a little more cautious.

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2012, 09:26:28 AM »
Not as much the outside of the fish but what they have eaten, Be careful  t^
Its better to sit in a boat and think about God, than to sit in a church and think about fishing.

Offline overbite

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2012, 08:35:13 PM »
The advisory also said wash every thing that comes in contact with the waters listed. I would think fish are included. but how do you wash out the insides  nosmly
Its bacteria, Raw Sewerage, Many Chemicals Washed into the waters.Some by accident some by  :headscra:  besides fuels.  I do not eat any fish from The Raritan waters, Before and now Never. The bottom and beaches will absorb much and be present for many years. as If what was there in the Past has left.  thd Its not worth it.  pcrn pcrn pcrn pcrn

Offline Ms Fish

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2012, 08:49:25 PM »
I do not eat any fish from The Raritan waters, Before and now Never. The bottom and beaches will absorb much and be present for many years. as If what was there in the Past has left.  thd Its not worth it.  pcrn pcrn pcrn pcrn

I have OB... and will again, hopefully sooner than later!  msfsh

Offline overbite

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2012, 10:04:42 AM »
I do not eat any fish from The Raritan waters, Before and now Never. The bottom and beaches will absorb much and be present for many years. as If what was there in the Past has left.  thd Its not worth it.  pcrn pcrn pcrn pcrn

[/q

I have OB... and will again, hopefully sooner than later!  msfsh

I hope you are right but in years past it was a disaster. that took many years to repair. When the New York Blight . Raritan system. including out front.and along the beaches.
The stuff being Dumped, Spilled, Deposited, this time is by far the worst. Think beyond just the Bay its self. and think of Author Kill and beyond Chemical ally in the refinery and chemical plants. Sewage plants. Not to mention mercury and arsenic, lead. deposits on the bottom that has been stirred up. Its a cocktail that will take more then simple tide changes to fix. It was bad enough before but Now  cfzd its worst.  OB Bill 

Offline Ms Fish

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2012, 10:18:38 AM »
I hope you are right but in years past it was a disaster. that took many years to repair. When the New York Blight . Raritan system. including out front.and along the beaches.
The stuff being Dumped, Spilled, Deposited, this time is by far the worst. Think beyond just the Bay its self. and think of Author Kill and beyond Chemical ally in the refinery and chemical plants. Sewage plants. Not to mention mercury and arsenic, lead. deposits on the bottom that has been stirred up. Its a cocktail that will take more then simple tide changes to fix. It was bad enough before but Now  cfzd its worst.  OB Bill 

Well, I can only hope that things get better and soon in the RB and surrounding waters. Not just for the recreational fisherman, but for all the commercial fishermen too!!! We shall see...  grtn

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2012, 10:28:59 AM »
It is what it is diesel fuel is a very light oil and will dissipate pretty well, and the have secured over 100,000 gals of the 300,000 gals that spilled, the sewage well  5hrug some of the plants are saying it was treated some of them  :-X. But for sure it will be some time before its back to normal again. The bottom has been stired up but 5hrug it will settle rather quickly with lead and mercury being more dense than water, arsenic?? its always been there before 2003 when it was banned, arsenic was commonly used in pressure treated wood, so all; pilings, bulk heads, docks, walk ways, that were installed pre 2003, more than likely contain
As.

Offline Andys Delight

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2012, 10:55:51 AM »
It is what it is diesel fuel is a very light oil and will dissipate pretty well, and the have secured over 100,000 gals of the 300,000 gals that spilled, the sewage well  5hrug some of the plants are saying it was treated some of them  :-X. But for sure it will be some time before its back to normal again. The bottom has been stired up but 5hrug it will settle rather quickly with lead and mercury being more dense than water, arsenic?? its always been there before 2003 when it was banned, arsenic was commonly used in pressure treated wood, so all; pilings, bulk heads, docks, walk ways, that were installed pre 2003, more than likely contain
As.

Diesel fuel, treated sewage, UNTREATED sewage, lead, mercury, ARSENIC, mmmmmmmmmmmmm arrrrghhhhhhhh yuuuuuuummmmmmmmm

The cure for everything is salt water: sweat, tears, and the sea.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-