Author Topic: Raritan Bay and all Surrounding waters Contaminated  (Read 14740 times)

Offline Ms Fish

• Super Hero Member
Re: Raritan Bay and all Surrounding waters Contaminated
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2012, 11:37:17 AM »
Diesel fuel, treated sewage, UNTREATED sewage, lead, mercury, ARSENIC, mmmmmmmmmmmmm arrrrghhhhhhhh yuuuuuuummmmmmmmm

rofla rofla Yea, I would say Homer sums it up!

Offline overbite

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2012, 03:01:39 PM »
It is what it is diesel fuel is a very light oil and will dissipate pretty well, and the have secured over 100,000 gals of the 300,000 gals that spilled, the sewage well  5hrug some of the plants are saying it was treated some of them  :-X. But for sure it will be some time before its back to normal again. The bottom has been stired up but 5hrug it will settle rather quickly with lead and mercury being more dense than water, arsenic?? its always been there before 2003 when it was banned, arsenic was commonly used in pressure treated wood, so all; pilings, bulk heads, docks, walk ways, that were installed pre 2003, more than likely contain
As.

Al not that easy   ovrbtDiesel Fuel  fcp is Only ONE  liquid among Many. look at the big picture of Chemical Ally from the Refinery's, Steel mill. Copper works, Paint plants. ever take a boat ride up and around  Staten Island by the Kill. The Land fills leaching. and waste transferring into the waters.
And this does not count what New York. Long Island,  is donating to the waters. Diesel Fuel is but one of hundreds Face it its the ones not heard from.
!000 s of gallons of AV gas dumped in a year from ships and planes over our oceans, show little effect
. If this does not bother you just pass it BY, I will pass on all the Fish in these areas for a long time.

Offline Andys Delight

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2012, 03:29:38 PM »
It is what it is diesel fuel is a very light oil and will dissipate pretty well, and the have secured over 100,000 gals of the 300,000 gals that spilled, the sewage well  5hrug some of the plants are saying it was treated some of them  :-X. But for sure it will be some time before its back to normal again. The bottom has been stired up but 5hrug it will settle rather quickly with lead and mercury being more dense than water, arsenic?? its always been there before 2003 when it was banned, arsenic was commonly used in pressure treated wood, so all; pilings, bulk heads, docks, walk ways, that were installed pre 2003, more than likely contain
As.

Al not that easy   ovrbtDiesel Fuel  fcp is Only ONE  liquid among Many. look at the big picture of Chemical Ally from the Refinery's, Steel mill. Copper works, Paint plants. ever take a boat ride up and around  Staten Island by the Kill. The Land fills leaching. and waste transferring into the waters.
And this does not count what New York. Long Island,  is donating to the waters. Diesel Fuel is but one of hundreds Face it its the ones not heard from.
!000 s of gallons of AV gas dumped in a year from ships and planes over our oceans, show little effect
. If this does not bother you just pass it BY, I will pass on all the Fish in these areas for a long time.

Geez Bill stop it, you're making me hungry!
The cure for everything is salt water: sweat, tears, and the sea.

Offline overbite

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2012, 04:32:47 PM »
Andy and that's only the Marinade and a few seasonings,
The after Taste lingers for a while. Broil Bake Fry. add hot Sauce, Garlic, The cancer is Extra with the Runs.along with Rashes, blisters, open sores, lose of hair. vision, hearing,.  thud. Its all covered with Obama Care. Maybe 5hrug
I was going to mention The Brown growth Crabs But they were already there for the catching and eating.  clp
This brings a whole new Meaning to Jersey Fresh,  smk

Offline PeggyLee

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2012, 07:30:06 PM »
This news about our waters is not good and getting worse.

Offline Fishin Dude

• Super Hero Member
  • FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2012, 01:43:30 PM »
The water is tainted all across America, and even worse in some areas overseas, where a large portion of the seafood in our markets originate. It's just normal the way I see it. I do plan on eating as much Tautog as I can get a hook into over the next 6 weeks. It might not be safe, but it sure tastes good.
I've spent most of my life fishing, the rest I've just wasted     <'((((><

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2012, 08:44:24 PM »
Its only as bad as you make it . Tough times go away,  Tough people dont.
Its better to sit in a boat and think about God, than to sit in a church and think about fishing.

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2012, 08:53:23 PM »
Its only as bad as you make it . Tough times go away,  Tough people dont.

Everybody goes away eventually.  People who eat tainted fish may go away sooner than others. ;D

Offline Andys Delight

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2012, 08:56:23 PM »
The water is tainted all across America, and even worse in some areas overseas, where a large portion of the seafood in our markets originate. It's just normal the way I see it. I do plan on eating as much Tautog as I can get a hook into over the next 6 weeks. It might not be safe, but it sure tastes good.

Exactly.  Order from a restaurant you have no idea where that fish came from, I don't care what their menu says.  It doesn't end at fish/seafood either. 

Offline overbite

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2012, 10:02:17 PM »
Diesel fuel, treated sewage, UNTREATED sewage, lead, mercury, ARSENIC, mmmmmmmmmmmmm arrrrghhhhhhhh yuuuuuuummmmmmmmm

rofla rofla Yea, I would say Homer sums it up!

Sorry you and others just don,t get it.  ovrbt msfsh pcrn

Offline Mr Limpett

« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2012, 08:51:59 AM »

Exactly.  Order from a restaurant you have no idea where that fish came from, I don't care what their menu says.  It doesn't end at fish/seafood either. 

As a retired Saute Chef,I can't help but comment. You can trust what the menu say's. If it doesn't say where it's from (fish or shellfish) just ask the waiter. They'll tell you the truth, it's required by law.
"I wish I was a fish"
-Mr Limpet

Offline Andys Delight

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2012, 02:20:31 PM »

As a retired Saute Chef,I can't help but comment. You can trust what the menu say's. If it doesn't say where it's from (fish or shellfish) just ask the waiter. They'll tell you the truth, it's required by law.

I think a small restaurant, sure I agree.  But do you think the waiter or chef at Red Lobster has any idea that their shrimp is probably from a farm in Vietnam or the Phillipines?  I know alot of places take pride in the food they serve and I probably should not have insinuated ALL restaurants, I apologize for that.  I've been to great places where I know the chef and the owner take great pride in what they serve.  I also know places that are supposedly "fancy" that are serving garbage and passing it as gold. 

Offline overbite

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2012, 07:22:16 PM »
 wts t^ Lately the products are from world wide which is not all that bad. Even labeling can be misleading.
My favorite one is In the supper markets packages of frozen Fish. The wording on the bag says THE GREAT AMERICAN SEA FOOD COMPANY , Ans has red white and blue banners all over it that look like American Flags. With product origin.  ( Product of CHINA )
 smk smk. just as a lot of Sea food now comes from outside the USA Meaning The united States Of America.
Alaska seafood is just that. product Of The north Pacific any eastern country.  And on and on.

Offline Ms Fish

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2012, 12:12:20 PM »
I found this interesting and this was before the storm,  :-\  I am sure it's much different now...

http://www.state.nj.us/dep/dsr/fishadvisories/statewide.htm#2

Offline Takes Prizoners

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2012, 12:30:50 PM »
I found this interesting and this was before the storm,  :-\  I am sure it's much different now...

It'll probably updated by grams rather than meals is how bad I really think it is

Offline overbite

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2012, 02:51:27 PM »
Thank you Msfish that is a very good link and head up/ Just what I have been saying along. But not like others I just do not eat any Fish from The Raritan Bay and the New York Blight. I am A New jersey catch and release fishermen/ It was polluted before its polluted NOW. and will never see nonpolluting or clearing up it is Dead and will remain so . Meals. Portions, Grams. OZs. Pounds. no matter how you measure it. There is no upgrading it.  fcp its still Bad,       

Offline Mr Limpett

« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2012, 08:53:26 PM »

Raritan Bay Fluke.....1 meal per week. Where's the outrage?
"I wish I was a fish"
-Mr Limpet

Offline overbite

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2012, 10:11:09 AM »
Outrage is that the fishery is being ruined just as it was on a comeback if it can be called that.
Many people deny it and say I eat it and I have no effects from it. Just as Smokers do. some people are not effected while others are. Its a choice one makes The State is recommending consumption limits not Laws against it. Bill

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-