Author Topic: Ramps  (Read 4563 times)

Offline Mike_Pietras

Ramps
« on: November 06, 2012, 02:22:31 PM »
In lieu of recent events, could anyone tell me if any of the municipal or private boat ramps along the Raritan Bay will be open for this weekend? Considering all the damage, that many of us have incurred, it would be nice to have a bit of normalcy and get back on the water. Thanks.

Offline Andys Delight

• Super Hero Member
Re: Ramps
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, 02:28:20 PM »
In lieu of recent events, could anyone tell me if any of the municipal or private boat ramps along the Raritan Bay will be open for this weekend? Considering all the damage, that many of us have incurred, it would be nice to have a bit of normalcy and get back on the water. Thanks.

There are all sorts of advisories about fuel and sewage spills, as well as who knows what kind of hazards floating around.  There is an advirosy to disinfect anything at all that so much as touches the water.  I'm all for normalcy, but I love my boat and belongings way too much to put it in that water. 
The cure for everything is salt water: sweat, tears, and the sea.

Offline Mike_Pietras

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2012, 03:07:32 PM »
Do you know if this is for the Raritan bay or the entire NJ coast? Thanks

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2012, 03:08:51 PM »
Give it another week at least while the raritan bay flushes out quite well the amount of S&%# in the water literally and figuretively is not good for anyone. I could smell the sewage yesterday its not good fcp
Its better to sit in a boat and think about God, than to sit in a church and think about fishing.

Offline Andys Delight

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2012, 03:10:11 PM »
Do you know if this is for the Raritan bay or the entire NJ coast? Thanks

Raritan Bay specific from what I've seen.  300,000 gallons of diesel fuel plus spillage from all sewer systems on both the north and south side of the bay. 
The cure for everything is salt water: sweat, tears, and the sea.

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2012, 04:17:00 PM »
What areas did you have in mind to launch from?   I suppose ramps are open in some areas.
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline Ms Fish

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2012, 07:22:27 AM »
Honestly I'd be leery of putting "MR FISH" back in any of the waters around here until I knew for sure about the water, about the bottom and surrounding waters out of the channels. Who knows whats underneath us now. It frightens me to say the least. I hope things get back to as normal as they can for sure, and I do see NJ building back up the docks and ramps, slips and all of it. I just want to be sure, or at least be given a sense of a lil bit of security that when I am in the water its some what safe. I like you Eddie will be tucking him away this weekend. Better safe then sorry...Ill catch a few headboats once they are running again.  msfsh   

Offline Mike_Pietras

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2012, 08:53:48 AM »
Has anyone heard about the oceans further south? Shark River Inlet? Manasquan? Brielle?

Offline Ms Fish

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2012, 08:58:55 AM »
Has anyone heard about the oceans further south? Shark River Inlet? Manasquan? Brielle?
All I can tell ya is its not just the Bay; the entire east coast was destroyed. Sea Side's rides are in the ocean....LBI boardwalk gone... maybe someone knows more details, but if I were you I wouldn't put the boat it for the rest of the yr. Next yr will be better and safer, but that's just me. Be very careful and safe!! Good luck!!!  msfsh

Offline overbite

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2012, 04:19:54 PM »
Barnagate bay now has a posted advisory. The Raritan will be messed up for the rest of this year at least. Chemicals and other issues will remain, Sewage from NY alone will keep it closed, What did not leak in was stirred up again, Its back to Trout again winter stocking coming soon for NJ.

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2012, 04:24:15 PM »
 whs,    You can catch and release, but wear gloves.  :-\
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2012, 05:53:24 PM »

I hear the Arctic is nice this time of year
Its better to sit in a boat and think about God, than to sit in a church and think about fishing.

Offline Ms Fish

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2012, 07:57:07 AM »

fcp  >:D

Offline overbite

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2012, 02:42:35 PM »

Al Not so good up that way either Iceland wants to Change its Name Now fcp

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-