Author Topic: Fall stripers  (Read 101037 times)

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Fall stripers
« Reply #80 on: September 25, 2008, 08:36:46 PM »
Night time is typically the best as they are nocturnal feeders and light does bother their eyes. They will typically be in deeper water during sunlight hours because of this.

Early morning is a great time for stripers. Expecially just before/during/shortly after sun up.

When the run begins, you will get stripers during the day.
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
« Reply #81 on: September 25, 2008, 11:32:28 PM »
 whs

If you want to have a good time try your luck around Tuesday when things quiet down in the low light parts of the day and use clams as the clam beds are taking a hit right now.  Look for a stretch of beach with shells struned all over the place and just do a leisurely cast out into the slough and hang on.
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline shkbilly

« Reply #82 on: September 26, 2008, 05:27:15 PM »
Thanks guys. Someone tap me on the shoulder when the run begins and point to where I should go.  ??? 5hrug  I'll be the guy checking this board while all you guys are catching fish.
Bill
After Ours - 20' Grady Overnighter

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #83 on: September 26, 2008, 05:47:57 PM »
Anytime you can get out is a good time to fish.  Provided you can get out and the weather is good, give it a shot!!

TT^

Offline lucky enuff

« Reply #84 on: September 28, 2008, 08:50:26 AM »
Great thread guys  t^  Thanks for all the advise.
Rod

Offline bugmannj

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #85 on: September 04, 2009, 08:08:06 PM »
Great advice from all Thanks! t^
Good things come to those who bait

Builds and repairs rods if needed

Offline topwater

• Full Member of the Den
  • do it right or do it twice...
« Reply #86 on: January 20, 2010, 01:19:49 PM »
Although it isnt fall anymore, I just learned a ton of new things about striper fishing! thank you guys for sharing all the knowledge and tips! t^
;D thats what she said ;D

Offline Ms Fish

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #87 on: September 06, 2011, 12:44:37 PM »
Hey fellow fishermen!! grtn I am new to striper fishing off my boat.  ;D Usually I would hit the surf with my surf pole and use a lure. This year I am eagar and excited to try off my boat t^ but not sure where or how or what to do exactly.  5hrug Sure I could get help from a shop rgmn  but when I see the photos of the Striper you all have caught, who better to ask then the people who have caught them. clp Any advice sure would be appreciated. I launch out of Sea Warren... and fish the bay there pretty much all season. Absolutely willing to go where the fish are!!!  Thanks for the help!!  slt

Offline fellinger

• Super Hero Member
    • SafeTec Training Services
« Reply #88 on: September 08, 2011, 02:01:09 PM »
Hey fellow fishermen!! grtn I am new to striper fishing off my boat.  ;D Usually I would hit the surf with my surf pole and use a lure. This year I am eagar and excited to try off my boat t^ but not sure where or how or what to do exactly.  5hrug Sure I could get help from a shop rgmn  but when I see the photos of the Striper you all have caught, who better to ask then the people who have caught them. clp Any advice sure would be appreciated. I launch out of Sea Warren... and fish the bay there pretty much all season. Absolutely willing to go where the fish are!!!  Thanks for the help!!  slt

I am in the same boat! I have never fished for stripers but, I now have a boat and I am eager to learn. I will probably use the Manasquan River/PPC areas. Any help would be appreciated as well!

Fred

Fred, fishing the "Kristy Marie" from Manasquan River Club. Channels 16/67/68.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-