Author Topic: Sunday 11/24/12  (Read 3656 times)

Offline Mr Limpett

Sunday 11/24/12
« on: November 24, 2012, 03:56:21 PM »
I (and maybe Mike) will be in Ocean Grove at around 5:00 a.m. tomorrow. There's more than 1 jetty, maybe we'll see some other NJSWF out there!  t^
"I wish I was a fish"
-Mr Limpet

Offline fellinger

• Super Hero Member
    • SafeTec Training Services
Re: Sunday 11/24/12
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2012, 04:42:35 PM »
Good luck!

Fred, fishing the "Kristy Marie" from Manasquan River Club. Channels 16/67/68.

Offline Takes Prizoners

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2012, 04:50:02 PM »
5am = too cold and too far for me. lol good luck

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2012, 05:06:20 PM »
Good luck, catch em up.  t^
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline Mr Limpett

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2012, 09:46:43 PM »
Hey!  It's almost 10:00 and I'm still in a restaurant in Morristown, I may not make it for 5 a.m. tomorrow.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 11:40:28 PM by Mr Limpett »
"I wish I was a fish"
-Mr Limpet

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2012, 09:50:24 PM »
Cant wait to see that Bill  pcrn
Its better to sit in a boat and think about God, than to sit in a church and think about fishing.

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2012, 10:06:54 PM »
 whs t^

Offline overbite

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2012, 10:44:13 PM »
Good luck The north end where the out fill pipe enters the Ocean I think its blocked should of made a Cut in the beach . Photos photos

Offline Mr Limpett

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2012, 03:13:00 PM »
Just returned from Ocean Grove. No birds, no fishermen, no fish. Drove down to Bradley Beach, Guys packing it in said they quite a bit of action for 1 hour (clams), I was using plugs and metal. Fished the jetty's to Avon. In Avon the jetty was high so I needed to work my way down, after a while a rogue wave hit the jetty and washed over me. After the tough time I had during Sandy, I felt like I was baptized again, "Thank you Lord!" It was really great to get out there again.

I have pictures but I don't know how to resize them  :P
"I wish I was a fish"
-Mr Limpet

Offline overbite

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2012, 03:21:22 PM »
Just returned from Ocean Grove. No birds, no fishermen, no fish. Drove down to Bradley Beach, Guys packing it in said they quite a bit of action for 1 hour (clams), I was using plugs and metal. Fished the jetty's to Avon. In Avon the jetty was high so I needed to work my way down, after a while a rogue wave hit the jetty and washed over me. After the tough time I had during Sandy, I felt like I was baptized again, "Thank you Lord!" It was really great to get out there again.

I have pictures but I don't know how to resize them  :P

Re sizing what Photo program do you have if any  ir so click reformat and down size.
If not set a lower resolution when taking the photos below 5.0  Hope you took along hot soapy shower after that Baptism, Nice try at least you got out and tried

I think bait is the only way to go now with the bottoms churned most bait fish are further out I would think.   

Offline MJ619

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2012, 07:04:50 PM »
Got there at 5:10 am.  It felt great just to go.  I have never been to Ocean Grove so this was my Maiden Voyage.  The cool part was I got there while it was dark.  I fished w/metal (Deadly Dick) w/ a green tube.  Caught Nothing, but felt great to be out there.  I am up to going again, next time w/ bait, heck at least the left overs may set up the next one.  You never know unless you try!

Cheers,

Mike

Offline overbite

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2012, 08:05:33 PM »
Got there at 5:10 am.  It felt great just to go.  I have never been to Ocean Grove so this was my Maiden Voyage.  The cool part was I got there while it was dark.  I fished w/metal (Deadly Dick) w/ a green tube.  Caught Nothing, but felt great to be out there.  I am up to going again, next time w/ bait, heck at least the left overs may set up the next one.  You never know unless you try!

Cheers,

Mike

Mike you said it was your first time there, Ocean Grove is My favorite Area On the Jersey Coast. Very Clean. Friendly people, The summer time people are mostly Family people, There is no B-n-y mentality there. Also its a dry town  TT^ been getting season beach badges for years. 20 min from my house. never any Traffic. great restaurants.  And they had some damage but not like others in that area, It will be up and running good as new. Sans the Fishing Pier club house, But who knows.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 08:06:00 PM by overbite »

Offline Mr Limpett

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2012, 08:22:27 PM »
Got there at 5:10 am.  It felt great just to go.  I have never been to Ocean Grove so this was my Maiden Voyage.  The cool part was I got there while it was dark.  I fished w/metal (Deadly Dick) w/ a green tube.  Caught Nothing, but felt great to be out there.  I am up to going again, next time w/ bait, heck at least the left overs may set up the next one.  You never know unless you try!

Cheers,

Mike

Mike you said it was your first time there, Ocean Grove is My favorite Area On the Jersey Coast. Very Clean. Friendly people, The summer time people are mostly Family people, There is no B-n-y mentality there. Also its a dry town  TT^ been getting season beach badges for years. 20 min from my house. never any Traffic. great restaurants.  And they had some damage but not like others in that area, It will be up and running good as new. Sans the Fishing Pier club house, But who knows.

Yeah, Ocean Grove is allright. And good for you Mike.
"I wish I was a fish"
-Mr Limpet

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-