Author Topic: Tidewater boats  (Read 22133 times)

Offline 700dollarhat

• Full Member of the Den
Tidewater boats
« on: December 30, 2012, 06:24:04 PM »
Anybody have any experience with Tidwater boats?  I may be in the market for a boat in '13.  I think I really want either a Tidewater or possibly a Sea Hunt.  I would like the 23' model, but may have to go with the 21'.  I plan on fishing inshore, Raritan Bay or just outside.  Any info is appreciated.

Offline fellinger

• Super Hero Member
    • SafeTec Training Services
Re: Tidewater boats
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2012, 07:00:54 PM »
I've seen one Tidewater on the water in Manasquan this year. The guy who had it was happy with it. It was a 21 or 23 CC. I looked at them at last year's AC show and they seemed nice enough.

Fred, fishing the "Kristy Marie" from Manasquan River Club. Channels 16/67/68.

Offline bassnblues

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2012, 07:17:02 PM »

Offline 700dollarhat

• Full Member of the Den
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2012, 08:48:25 PM »
Good info, thanks guys.  Would love to hear more.

Offline DJ76

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2012, 10:40:36 PM »
saw them at the shoe in edison last year.  man o man was that a nice boat.  beyond that...can't help ya. fcp
It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.
~Stephen B. Leacock

Offline 700dollarhat

• Full Member of the Den
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2012, 10:50:04 AM »
Yeah, i have plans on going to the Edison boat show. They are supposed to have some Tidewaters there with Coastal Boats sales.

Offline DJ76

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2012, 11:07:54 AM »
Yeah, i have plans on going to the Edison boat show. They are supposed to have some Tidewaters there with Coastal Boats sales.

had (what I thought) what was a killer deal last year.  I opted to stay happily married though....
It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.
~Stephen B. Leacock

Offline Takes Prizoners

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2012, 01:02:17 PM »

had (what I thought) what was a killer deal last year.  I opted to stay happily married though....

You didn't see the sign? lol

Offline 700dollarhat

• Full Member of the Den
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2012, 02:41:10 PM »
I'm very lucky, wife loves the boat idea.  clp

Offline DJ76

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2013, 02:44:34 PM »

i just fell out of my office chair.... rofla rofla rofla
~Stephen B. Leacock

Offline bigfishtails

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2013, 10:44:22 AM »
I took delivery of a 18 ft right before the storm. Only rode on it once before we had to pull it and loved it. It is a very dry ride. Saw the 21 or so on the manasquan and looked like a nice boat

Offline Takes Prizoners

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2013, 10:58:58 AM »

i just fell out of my office chair.... rofla rofla rofla

They had that right as soon as you walked in the AC boat show a couple years ago.  Not sure if it worked on anyone. lol

Offline DJ76

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2013, 12:18:11 PM »
They had that right as soon as you walked in the AC boat show a couple years ago.  Not sure if it worked on anyone. lol

a paver supplier I use has a sign up that reads "husband must have wifes permission to pick out color".  My gosh is that freakin true!
~Stephen B. Leacock

Offline uncorked

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2013, 10:18:58 PM »
I have a 25' TW w/ twin 150w as you'll see in my picture to the left. This will be the 3rd season on the water. I opted to go with the "Tournament" edition that included the outriggers, rocket launchers, lighting options, windless, extra battery, and plenty more. To add these options on 1 by 1 would have wound up being more expensive. Bought mine from Coastal Boat sales on Princton Ave in Brick--theyre great! 
Father/Son duo
25' Tidewater Center Console---out of Deuville Beach

Offline Rocster

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2013, 09:05:41 AM »
Im not sure if you ever bought or not, I have a 2010 23 and this would be my fourth season with it. I bought from coastal in brick also they have some pretty good deals on purchase. (there service prices are in the high side to me though)

I have no complaints on the boat at all, I opted for the 250 rather than the 225, If i had the chance i would have went to the 300 although the 225 or 250 provides plenty of power. I also got the digital gauges and fly by wire throttle system.

The wide beam and flare help to maintain a dry ride (its a cc so hit the right wave and wind your going to get wet) and I have had it out in some snotty conditions and it handles great. Its also very fuel efficent 103 gal tank and avg 2.5-3 mpg giving you a 300 mi range or so, Avg day fishing 10-20 gal depending on location.

The hull is solid, it has a great lay out and i can fish 4 comfy after that gets tight.

My only real complaint is that mine dosent have the foot rest in the console they didnt put them in till 11 i think. It not built for comfort like some are.

They are also affordable.

If you buy, Get make sure it has the foot rest in the console and i would get one with the rear seat(i dont have one).

Good luck

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-