Author Topic: blackfish  (Read 4102 times)

Offline Scott Bailey

• seabass sharks cod ling stripers i love fishing
blackfish
« on: January 01, 2013, 07:10:07 PM »
im wondering what party boats are the best to go on for black fish and what hooks leaders and wieghts i should bring with me il be using 30 lb braid mainline  with a 40 lb running leader.

also does anyone know what can give me an edge in wreck fishing for ling cod and sea bass i used gulp 4 " swimming mullet and got two nice 2 pound sea bass a couple ling and a few short cod

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
Re: blackfish
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2013, 07:26:35 PM »
Black fishing is an art of its own there are several threads here that will help you. I use 50lb braid and 50lb mono leader, youll want 3/0 and 4/0 octopus hooks and 8-12oz flat bank sinkers. For sea bass I like to jig them try a tsunami facet tipped with a strip of squid.
Its better to sit in a boat and think about God, than to sit in a church and think about fishing.

Offline Scott Bailey

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2013, 07:30:13 PM »
okay thank you very much  ^-^

Offline CaptainJP

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2013, 12:58:30 AM »
Where were you looking to go fishing out of? There are many boats that are good at blackfishing, it just depends on where you want to go and when. As far as tackle, I second what big al said, Fifty lb test braid to a mono leader with octopus hooks and flat sinkers are the way to go. you can vary the rig a little based on rocks or wrecks but usually there is no need for that. Pay attention to what the people who are catching fish are doing if you aren't catching them, sometimes the smallest detail makes a difference. 

Offline Scott Bailey

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2013, 06:46:17 AM »
Where were you looking to go fishing out of? There are many boats that are good at blackfishing, it just depends on where you want to go and when. As far as tackle, I second what big al said, Fifty lb test braid to a mono leader with octopus hooks and flat sinkers are the way to go. you can vary the rig a little based on rocks or wrecks but usually there is no need for that. Pay attention to what the people who are catching fish are doing if you aren't catching them, sometimes the smallest detail makes a difference. 

okay thanks captn  slt i couldnt find any info until  my friend showed me the forum i grew up fishing saltwater down in florida thanks for the valuable info

Offline hisenberg

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2013, 03:13:30 PM »
Black fishing is an art of its own there are several threads here that will help you. I use 50lb braid and 50lb mono leader, youll want 3/0 and 4/0 octopus hooks and 8-12oz flat bank sinkers. For sea bass I like to jig them try a tsunami facet tipped with a strip of squid.

I use a leader that is a little lighter than the braid because of all the snags. If I lose my line I might only lose a hook or sinker that way.     

Offline italianfisherman

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2013, 09:09:46 PM »
i use 30# andie with 50#+ braid to a signal 3/0-4/0 hook. no need to go over board with heavy line, because the blackfish we get in our area are no more than 13-15#... yes there are reports of 17+ tog, but very few.. there are days the tog will only seem to hit just mono rigs, that why i bring both mono & braid..  good luck.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-