Author Topic: fluke season  (Read 2003 times)

Offline kezsr

• Super Hero Member
fluke season
« on: September 14, 2007, 10:24:15 PM »
could have done something like changing size and limit to keep us fishing until the fall run starts,maybe one fish over 20 inches to keep us fishing to get the one to beat Monica.
of all liars among mankind the fisherman is most trustworthy.  William Sherwood Fox

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
Re: fluke season
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2007, 06:32:45 AM »
Hi Kez,
There are a lot of things they could have done including making regulations that make sense.  They don't have a clue as to how many fish are caught, just a guess.  And a poor one at that.  One can only hope that somehow they realize the errors in their ways and make the necessary changes. 

Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline CapBob

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2007, 07:00:46 AM »
IT IS GOING TO GET A LOT WORSE BEFORE IT GETS BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2007, 09:44:51 AM »
thats very true...  they could have change the rules a bit mid way through..  Even if they do a 2 or 3 fish at 20", it will at least give us something to target until the Stripers. 
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline Great Bay Junky

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2007, 09:59:05 AM »
thats very true...  they could have change the rules a bit mid way through..  Even if they do a 2 or 3 fish at 20", it will at least give us something to target until the Stripers. 

That is what those guys prey on. If we took 2 or 3 at 20 inches just to keep fishing they would use that as a sign for next years regs and that would be bad. I had an outstanding spring and early summer. The Middle of the summer was kind of slow but it got very good again at the end of August and early September. WE just need to fight the battle and not make any consestions or plant any bad seeds for the future with idea like the one above. I am not happy with the shortened season but it is what it is for now.
This too shall pass.

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2007, 10:50:30 AM »

That is what those guys prey on. If we took 2 or 3 at 20 inches just to keep fishing they would use that as a sign for next years regs and that would be bad. I had an outstanding spring and early summer. The Middle of the summer was kind of slow but it got very good again at the end of August and early September. WE just need to fight the battle and not make any consestions or plant any bad seeds for the future with idea like the one above. I am not happy with the shortened season but it is what it is for now.
I agree with you, trust me, my commets wasn't what I was wishing for... but a smaller bag limit to extend the season an extra month is better then sitting on this computer right now talking about fishing, instead of doing it.
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2007, 11:02:39 AM »
 whs
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-