Author Topic: World Fishing and Outdoor Expo Suffern, N.Y....Today  (Read 2065 times)

Offline The Broken One

• Super Hero Member
World Fishing and Outdoor Expo Suffern, N.Y....Today
« on: February 28, 2013, 09:16:28 PM »
Well every year I say I'm not going here again... and if i wasnt bored to tears i wouldn't have.... and this time i wasnt dissapointed as again it was crap...wish i was into hunting as there were mad hunting guides and what looked to be good deals i guess.... as for fishing -- nothing special.. some well known tackle shops from north jersey with their booths stocked with crapo rods they cant get rid of or marked up items they never will get rid of..... a few good things... the kayak display was kool.... watching a raptor flip out and fly up into the rafters to stay.... and only 2 if you can believe that jerky booths....If your bored to tears go i guess, you can always buy pickles or BBQ Sauce...My Advice.... Save it for Sommerset Show.... slt
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 10:17:48 PM by The Broken One »
"When the game is over, the kings and the pawns go back in the same box"

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
Re: World Fishing and Outdoor Expo Suffern, N.Y....Today
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2013, 12:11:50 AM »
I used to love that show back in the day.  I agree, it's not what it once was.  I haven't been there in a few years, but I do plan on going Sunday.  We'll be visiting our relatives over the weekend up in NY.  So it's Saturday with them and then Suffern on the way home on Sunday morning.

I'm not planning to spend any money.  Just going to walk around and sit in on a seminar or two. Plus, it's family day, so they have some special features and giveaways for the kids. t^

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2013, 05:41:46 AM »
Bob, you might find a good deal on a deck chair. ;D
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline Treebeard

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2013, 02:14:30 PM »
I hear ya Tom.. I made myself that promise as well last year... I was contemplating breaking it myself this afternoon until i read your post..  hhppy It's only a few exits down the T-way from me, so I been going for years.. worst thing is it hasn't changed at all in the last few years..  same cast of characters.. grub up front, critters in the rear..a few boats in the middle.. every booth in the same spots..  ::) I do enjoy seeing old friends there from back in the day, but as for the stuff..I've seen it.. For folk who haven't been, there's some cool stuff to see for sure.. but from your description alone I can see it all in my head.. and save the petrol.. I will miss the jerky though  rofla   chrz  chrz

Offline PeggyLee

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2013, 03:45:12 PM »
I agree most of these shows are starting to be the s o s. Raritan and Suffern no different from what is mentioned  and the flea markets are running a close second. I plan on going to Summerset for the Salt Water Expo.We will see...if its  bad will cross it off the list too.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-