Author Topic: Boating Safety Certificate??  (Read 5953 times)

Offline RustyHook

• Full Member of the Den
Boating Safety Certificate??
« on: March 07, 2013, 03:30:16 PM »
Hey Guys,

Looking for some info regarding my Boating Safety Certificate.  I seemed to have left certificate on a counter at one of the licensing agencies I use and was unable to find it at the shop.  I tried looking in my files where I keep all my certificates and temp cards for things but cannot find my temporary certificate either.   Do you guys know if I would be able to replace this certificate or would I have to retake the course?  I received it from the NJSP, a gentleman by the name of Bill...something I cannot remember his last name out of Waretown, NJ held the course.  Any help would be appreciated. 

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Boating Safety Certificate??
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 03:36:20 PM »
I believe the NJSP-Marine Division will replace a lost certificate. Don't know if there is a fee for it nor not. Member Sea Life gives the course, I'm sure he can let you know for sure on this.
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline Takes Prizoners

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 03:46:25 PM »
not sure exactly.  When I thought I lost my card, i asked at the boat show and was told to fax a color copy of the certificate and they would issue a new card

Offline sealife

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, 07:27:09 PM »
How can I get a replacement New Jersey boating safety certificate?

A6
 Only New Jersey State issued boating safety certificates can be replaced by the Marine Services Bureau. Certificates issued by other states, the United States Coast Guard, the United States Power Squadron, or any other agency can not be re-issued by the Marine Services Bureau.
The preferred means of communication with the Marine Services Bureau regarding certificate replacement is via e-mail, this will allow us to serve you in the most efficient means possible. E-mail requests should be sent to lpprobbj@gw.njsp.org , scanned copies of the below information must be in .jpg/.bmp format or in a Microsoft word document. If it is not possible to e-mail your request you can request a replacement certificate by writing to:

NJSP BSC Replacement
BOX 7068
West Trenton, NJ 08628-0068

Requests may also be FAX'd to (609) 882-8110. Please be certain all of the information FAX'd is clearly legible.

Requests must include the following information;
1. Full legal name, in the case of a legal name change you must include your full legal name as it appeared on your original certificate as well as your current legal name, proof of name change(marriage certificate etc.) .
2. Complete address, in the case of a address change you must include your address as it appeared on your original certificate as well as your current address.
3. Identification and proof of address e.g., photocopy of drivers license etc.
4. Certificate number as it appears on your certificate( if known).
5. Home telephone with area code, daytime phone number with area code and an e-mail address.
6. Indicate the reason for requesting a replacement boating safety certificate. (Examples: Lost, Damaged, etc.).

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2013, 09:13:32 PM »
I knew you'd pull thru Dave.  t^

Offline hiking

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2013, 10:21:33 AM »
   Just a tip that might help, when I renewed my drivers license, I had it put on there, so now I have motorcycle and boat endorsements.
Paul cell 908-415-9542

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2013, 10:59:00 AM »
   Just a tip that might help, when I renewed my drivers license, I had it put on there, so now I have motorcycle and boat endorsements.

The endorsement on your license is not the same as the safety certificate that you test for. The endorsement on your license is a license to operate a power boat on non-tidal waters.

Endorsement on driver's license = boat operator license

Safety certificate = certification that you took and passed a motor vessel safety course.

You need a safety certificate to operate any motor vessel in NJ. You need a license endorsement ONLY if you are operating on non-tidal waters, such as lakes, upper parts of rivers that feed into bay/ocean, etc.

Many people confuse the two.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-