Author Topic: Flounder and bass limits 4/22  (Read 1675 times)

Offline FishOn

Flounder and bass limits 4/22
« on: April 22, 2013, 10:13:53 PM »
Hit some spots in ocean county today looking for some flounder with two friends.  Had an assortment of baits: blood worms, sand worms, clams, and some Asian crabs for the blackfish spots. First spot started off slow with only one missed hit. Made a move closer to the ocean and found what we were looking for. Spent the rest of the day there with several short bass, a limit of keepers though we only kept two, a limit of flounder, and a strike out on the tog. Every single bite came on sand worms on flounder rigs and very light gear, except at the first spot in which that fish hit a blood worm. All land based too. Very fun day and now I'm sun burned, wind burned and relaxing with a cold cocktail...just the way I like it.  TT^

Total bill for the day on my end:
$26 for two dozen bloods
$16 for three pork roll egg and cheese and three gatorades
One busted knuckle from flipping rocks for crabs.
And one full belly from some fresh fried flounder sandwiches with all the fixins

I even made it to work stinking like worms by 4pm to get some paper work done.  However, on my way to the office I stopped by a popular trout spot and talked with a friend who was waiting for the 5pm whistle to dunk a worm. Saw some MONSTER freshly stocked browns rolling. I was very tempted to hang out and watch the action but decided I better get some work done.  rgmn
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 10:22:00 PM by FishOn »
Who are you to judge the life I live? I'm not perfect and I don't have to be! Before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean. - Bob Marley

Offline Twins n Fins

Re: Flounder and bass limits 4/22
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2013, 10:17:57 PM »
Spent my day on the Delaware chasing Shad but sounds like you had a banner day! Congrats that wind Howled all day up here.....

Offline Noworries2009

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2013, 09:33:49 AM »
Nice report  ;D Fishing has been quite good last 2 weeks ! That NE wind yesterday had me in the house !  Kudos to you and your friends for sticking it out !

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2013, 10:30:44 AM »
Nice report. t^
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline Still Running

• AKA-Rick(Dieselhp)
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
    • truck parts
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2013, 10:51:05 AM »
 whs  t^
Fishing Sandy Hook and anywhere I can get on a boat.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife sells all of my fishing tackle for what she thinks I paid for it!
Www.HNCTruckParts.com

Offline ChrisL

• Super Hero Member
    • Oak Lane Woodworks
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2013, 12:05:39 PM »
Great report  t^

Offline Mr Limpett

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2013, 10:22:00 AM »
Spent my day on the Delaware chasing Shad but sounds like you had a banner day! Congrats that wind Howled all day up here.....

Hey twin, What is the shad report, anyway??
"I wish I was a fish"
-Mr Limpet

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-