Author Topic: New to the area  (Read 2462 times)

Offline Donkeykong316

• Full Member of the Den
New to the area
« on: June 12, 2013, 10:54:46 PM »
Hi all I'm new to the area just moved to bridgewater NJ and I'm looking for a place to do some surf fishing with my 2 boys.were from Delaware where we did a lot of fishing now it's time to start over any suggestions on where to fish and what bait  to use would be very helpful.

Offline wb

• Super Hero Member
Re: New to the area
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2013, 11:28:19 AM »
welcome to the site!

raritan bay will be your closest, try Laurence Harbor, Cliffwood, Union Beach, Keansburg, Port Monmouth, etc. Sandy Hook has miles of fishable beach on both the bay(river) and ocean sides. and that's not even getting down the coast any.

stop by any of the local tackle shops for up to the minute info on spots and baits, depending on how you go and how far you're going there's Fred's, Tackle Box, Atlantic B & T, Julian's, all lined up for you with all you need.

Good luck and post up some reports!!!

PS we're planning a beach vacation down on Broadkill Beach this summer, 1st time there, ya gotta fill me in on the area

Offline Donkeykong316

• Full Member of the Den
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2013, 12:32:58 PM »
wb,

Thanks for the info.Broadkill Beach make sure you take plenty of Squid with you I found it best to use the squid strips there.

Offline Takes Prizoners

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2013, 01:22:23 PM »
If you guys like to fish freshwater, there's a lot of places around your area to check out.  If you don't have freshwater licenses, this weekend are the free fishing days.  The drive to the sand can really suck depending on the day and the time, but Sandy Hook is one of the greatest fishing areas on the coast.  Don't forget to register yourselves for the saltwater registry license.  It's free and you can print it out at home.  people have been getting checked for it lately according to the reports.  Good luck and look forward to some reports

Offline Donkeykong316

• Full Member of the Den
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2013, 02:35:39 PM »
Thanks for the info. The licenses were the first thing I got when I moved here last Friday t^

Offline Donkeykong316

• Full Member of the Den
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2013, 02:59:54 PM »
I know you said sandy hook is good what do you think about the piers at Perth Amboy?

Offline wb

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2013, 04:39:00 PM »
there are a few places in PA to legally wet  a line from shore.

you can definitely catch stripers/blues/fluke there if conditions are right.

I'd head a lil further down if it was my time and bait tho...

Offline bayonne

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2013, 09:57:38 AM »
welcome to the site and nj as said sandy hook is great but if you want to night fish you have to buy a pass that cost $50 for the season and further south island beach state park in sea side is a great fishery aswell
they charge a fee tear round the fall bass run gets crazy and if you like camping sandy hook has a area that is now open to the public it was youth group only you need to go to the gate way national park web site and request a reservation form

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-