Author Topic: WARNING ..........................Beach Fisherman!!!!!!  (Read 3328 times)

Offline kayak1

• only at night
WARNING ..........................Beach Fisherman!!!!!!
« on: June 17, 2013, 05:49:49 PM »
I had the chance to hit the beach in south Bay Head and Mantaloking this past weekend.

The weather is nice and the water is warm......I fished like normal in the spring with Short and bare feet....I know not the smart thing to do.

The beach is open like most from from Point down to Island Beach State Park and the towns did a great job with getting the beach open....

While walking I did find a lot of glass (NOT SEA GLASS) But the glass that would be used in windows.....Its hard to see when its wet.....Just don't want people getting hurt.....Maybe water shoes for this year.

A thousand people could walk the same beach and nothing happen.....Just be safe if up that way fishing.

Kayak-1

The areas I fish are the ones you said where a wast of time

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
Re: WARNING ..........................Beach Fisherman!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2013, 08:05:04 PM »
Excellent point. Something most probably wouldn't think about.

Thanks for the heads up.  t^
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2013, 08:23:49 PM »
Thanks Dave!

I walked to the end of Cattus Island Park a couple weekends ago and the garbage washing up out of the bay is ridiculous, including glass.  At first, I thought it was just bottle glass, but it wasn't.  It was window and plate glass...really sharp and breaks easily!

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2013, 08:58:08 PM »
Now that would Suck

Offline njbob49

• Cod caught on the "Stick"
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2013, 09:21:41 PM »
I think that this is only the beginning of what will be found on the beaches and in the bays and ocean this summer.  All that debris from Sandy that got washed in the water is out there somewhere, and will move with the tides, current and any storms that happen.

On a related note, I saw this on another site on Friday 6/15.

boat damaged by bobbing pilings

"Be careful out there folks, just had my prop and maybe my rudder torn off a little bit past the mile marker out of the Manasquan this morning. hit the submerged crapola at about 25 mph, hit hard and the back of the boat just about cleared the water. after making sure I wasn't taking on water, and thank god I wasn't, I looked back at what seemed to be a full section of bulkhead or boardwalk. 2 pilings connected by 2 20 foot or so 2x10's. the pilings where only visable at the crest of a swell, besides that they where submerged. will be pulling the boat this afternoon to check for the full amount of damage."

"yeah they took my gps coordinates after they checked on my boats condition as far as taking on water. guess they where monitoring channel 16 that I call boat US on. never saw a boat come out till I was going in the inlet on the tow.

Tight Lines,
Bob G  chrz slt
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 09:23:07 PM by njbob49 »

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2013, 10:26:23 PM »
Thanks men t^
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2013, 10:40:33 PM »
Always er on the side of caution.  We were at Gillkins and the beach was remarkably clear of any debris today.  I say today because the ocean was pretty calm but we all know once it kicks up again more stuff will wash up.  It should be a year of caution for everyone.

Happy Catching

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-