Author Topic: Traders Cove Marina and Park  (Read 19176 times)

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
Traders Cove Marina and Park
« on: August 06, 2013, 06:42:49 PM »
Well if your looking to either put a boat in the northern Barnagate Bay, or just have a good time at a park where the kids can fish or hang out at the new jungle gym Treasure Cove Marina is the place to go.  I was surprised to find it just about complete as I knew they were working on it before Sandy hit.

There are piers to fish or crab off of, including the old fishing pier that once was the ramp of the Mantalokin Bridge.  That now has a small pavilion with a picnic bench under it.  Walking under the bridge itself you have another pier for fishing or crabbing plus other small pavilions with picnic benches.

There are a small number of slips to rent and a great looking ramp where you can launch your boat for $5.00 each way, in or out.  This is great as the northern section of the bay is now accessible to the boat community that like to trailer their boats.  Plus there is a huge parking area just to park your rig while you are fishing/boating.

There are also bathroom facilities just in case nature calls and concrete walkways for easy access to wheelchairs.  This park is a little gem that came out of Sandy's wrath.  I will be going back to take better pictures and posting them as I was driving and my daughter was taking the pictures.

If you happen to go let us know what you think of the total facility as for the first look I give it 2 thumbs up for the land locked fisherman and the same for the traveling boaters in the group.

Happy Catching

Paul
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 07:03:46 PM by ped579 »
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Traders Cove Marina and Park
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2013, 09:50:40 PM »
Great review, thanks!  Surprised to read this was going to be opening this year after all the damage and flooding from Sandy.

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2013, 11:05:52 PM »
Hi Matt, if you get a chance take the kids over there the playground is like Castle Park.  It is huge.
IN GOD WE TRUST

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2013, 11:15:33 PM »
Hi Matt, if you get a chance take the kids over there the playground is like Castle Park.  It is huge.

They'll love that!  We'll have to check it out soon, thanks.

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2013, 11:24:06 PM »
I think I will go over there in the afternoon tomorrow again to check it out further and see the total picture.  It looks like Brick did it right.
IN GOD WE TRUST

Offline akamoonman

• john
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2013, 12:36:03 PM »
This is the marina I use to throw my boat in... It seem to be getting busier every day.. jet skiers heading over to F-Cove just throw there jetskis in n dont even pay... WTH is wrong people now a days... They even have a high powered hose next to the office that you can spray down your boat and truck rims after pulling out of the water... Much better then last year...

john R...

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2013, 01:33:06 PM »
I was here last week and took the kids to the playground.  Lots of parking.  The kids had a great time on an all new and very large playground!  There were not very many people there for a weekday late afternoon.  There are benches and picnic tables as well all around the playground.  Then you can take a few steps down to a walkway/boardwalk along the water bordering the Forsythe Wildlife Management Area.  The office is in the back where they have the equipment to lift boats in and out of the water.  There are floating docks back there as well.  The slips and docks are all new and the ramp is spacious.  They are still working on additional slips.  There is NO fishing or crabbing here, as there are signs all along the walkways.  This is just a short walk, though to the Mantoloking Bridge County Park, where you can fish and crab!  The biggest negatives right now are the lack of bathrooms (only porta-potties and they were gross :P, but I think permanent bathrooms are in the works) and the large amount of pwc traffic going into "F" and "T" Coves.  Of course, you can just take the short walk to the Mantoloking Bridge County Park to use the bathrooms and anywhere on the water in the Summer is going to have a lot of pwc and boat traffic.

Overall, this is a very nice park/marina!  It was well thought out and well placed.

***They were doing demo on the marina across the street damaged by Sandy...what a stench of rotting, moldy wood and dust in the air thd rgmn!

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-