Author Topic: Pilot - Saturday Early Out 8/10  (Read 10466 times)

Offline pilot2550

• Super Hero Member
  • Z'Obsession
Pilot - Saturday Early Out 8/10
« on: August 11, 2013, 06:20:33 PM »
Made bait with Skunk on Friday late afternoon and loaded up for Saturday's early departure fishing the SWABC tourney.   Had my own version of wounded warriors on board.  Skunk recovering from a good burn and Kooz with a 5 inch hernia scar from 4 weeks ago.  Brother Jay and Kooz's buddy Eric (sometimes Kevin) filled out the crew.   We had all the necessary hardware, gear and bait.   Pushed off at 5:30 and made the turn around the tip only for the Z'O to drop RPM's at a steady throttle position.   Not good.....  Made a slow run to local grounds and patterned it pretty good with wind against knocking some very very nice CB's on the head to go back and a lonesome keeper fluke on a deadstick.   Explored for awhile looking for some steady action and found it a little further.   The shorts, large skates, CBs made for fun but keeper fluke where hard to come by for us.   Eric and I had some good rythm while Kooz and Skunk tried fishing from a sitting position almost all morning.  Jay poked at a couple of nice Biscuits but had a tough time in the fluke department too.   Not feeling real good about the boat performance made the call to end our day at 12:30, not knowing if I'd have to resort to SEATOW for an assist.  Fortunately, I did not.   Made it back burning horrendous MPG numbers 1.1 - 1.2 with throttle set at same position throwing RPMs between 48-52....  Back at the dock, put the blade to 8 keepers with our largest 20".   Jimmy says the VST is the culprit and the Z'O will undergo necessary root canal and 1000 hr overhaul.   Will be out of commission for the next 3 weeks at best based on current book of service orders at the marina.   :'(   

Consolation prize!  Fluke sandwiches.

Offline SouthPaw

• There's more to it than catching
Re: Pilot - Saturday Early Out 8/10
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2013, 06:29:05 PM »
Nice job on the fish. That's my fuel mileage on a good day.
A good day of fishing is better than a bad day of fishing. A bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work. That means work sucks!

Offline Salty Dog

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2013, 06:46:16 PM »
Sorry to hear a bout the boat .But you'll be ready for the bass .  chrz

Offline Capt. Carl

• New Jersey Fishing Guru
  • Sponsor
  • Super Hero Member
  • Hired Gun
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2013, 07:58:48 PM »
Jeff...sorry about the issue....u know I was right there if u needed me!
As far as your horrible fuel burn....see my tears? :'(
 rofla
Capt. Carl DiMenna
100 Ton U.S.C.G Master

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2013, 05:41:32 AM »
Nice day on the water.   Speedy recovery to the Z
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-