Author Topic: A rare closing for IBSP...  (Read 1876 times)

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
A rare closing for IBSP...
« on: August 11, 2013, 11:10:44 PM »
Well it happened today.  I got word from my daughter that the park was closed to veh. for about 3 1/2 hours due to lots being full.  Plus about 1/2 that time it was closed to Mobile Sport fishing Vehicles.  This is why I don't go over there on weekends.  I do not need the aggravation of all those people on the beach not fishing or even having a pole in their beach buggies.

It is a sportfishing permit people.  It is partially the parks problem as they do not hassle those people that are on the beach without permits and those of us that do and have for what ever feels like forever, is just wrong.

With that said, I can see that today was an anomaly and has not happened to me ever that I can remember.  So just cool your jets everyone and let things happen.  I was told that there were over 500 cars on the beach so they even let that rule slide a bit.

Remember it is a privileged to be on the beach and not a right.  It is state owned land and we all have to play by their rules.  If the rules are broken to many times that privilege can be shut down in a heart beat.

Happy Catching everyone

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
Re: A rare closing for IBSP...
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2013, 02:05:38 AM »
The entire island was packed this weekend!  It has only been like this a few times this year.  I took a ride yesterday and ended up in Point...the town was not only packed, but there were some crazies out too!  Reminded myself why I stay off the island in the Summer, especially on a weekend rgmn.  Of course, while bad for some of us, the increase in tourism and visitors in a good thing post Sandy TT^.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-