Author Topic: Friday at IBSP  (Read 3812 times)

Offline crewchief

Friday at IBSP
« on: August 26, 2013, 01:45:34 PM »
Hit the beach Friday to try and pull a few from the surf, weather was great, not too hot. Cant say the same for the fishing, had a few quick taps and something kept pulling the tails off my gulps, guessing crabs, lots of crab parts washing up in the surf. Had one vicious hit on a 9 inch plug, which is now an 8 inch plug.Tore the hooks right out and bit off an inch of plastic.
If you want to hear me scream in pain.............play some rap music

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
Re: Friday at IBSP
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2013, 01:55:02 PM »
Just a reminder that there are Snapper blues, Taylor Blues and Cocktail blues in the surf right now.  If your looking to catch anything make sure your hook is far back especially if you are using mullet for bait.

Pass the hook through the mouth and out the gill plate and put the hook near the tail.  Watch what happens. 

There are other fish being caught as well but right now the small blues are there in numbers.

Happy Catching

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline crewchief

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2013, 02:14:06 PM »
Thanks for the tips, although i didnt see much of anything being caught on friday, saw 1 snapper and 1 sea robin taken, and i was there all day. Threw everything but the kitchen sink at them. Going back in 2 weeks, will use your info, thanks again

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2013, 04:27:41 PM »
Thanks for the report
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2013, 07:42:20 PM »
 TT^ grtn
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2013, 11:44:01 PM »
Good try!  Surf is tough this time of year.  It's still a fun, relaxing time.

Offline flukeyou

• Full Member of the Den
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2013, 05:16:17 PM »
Thanks for the tips, although i didnt see much of anything being caught on friday, saw 1 snapper and 1 sea robin taken, and i was there all day. Threw everything but the kitchen sink at them. Going back in 2 weeks, will use your info, thanks again

hey crew,

I was there just this past Friday with the kids from about 2pm to dusk, it was tough.  Pulled a short fluke, snapper and two big sea robins.  I tried everything too.  Parked at lot 7.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 05:17:24 PM by flukeyou »

Offline crewchief

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2013, 01:33:37 AM »

hey crew,

I was there just this past Friday with the kids from about 2pm to dusk, it was tough.  Pulled a short fluke, snapper and two big sea robins.  I tried everything too.  Parked at lot 7.

Hey, thanks for the update, luckily my wife really enjoyed herself last time, and wants to go again, so i am hoping to get back there end of next week, hopefully that report will be a little better.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-