Author Topic: Journey Up the South Branch  (Read 2980 times)

Offline Jakemeister

• Drum roll please!
Journey Up the South Branch
« on: September 01, 2013, 08:51:32 PM »
 So I have started a little journey wading from bridge to bridge in the south branch. The first day i Started at the black point rd bridge and went up to the first of the three bridges. Something magical about wading up a river with only woods and the back of farm fields in sight NO Houses!! The first day i did really good ten smallmouth and one large mouth all between 1 and 2lb. Caught the mayjority of them on rubber crawdads with a bullet sinker. Really slow retrieve with little twitches. Caught the rest before dark with a rostertail. Today i went from the first of the three brides to the next one which is called higginsville bridge. Did good today also water was muddy. But i put on a neon green crawdad and picked five of them. All Fatties. Two of them were close to 3lbs. Hopefully next weekend conditions right i will contiue my trex up the river till one day i run into spruce run. Here are a couple pictures i took of the river!!!
Why can't we fish 5 days a week and work 2!

Online Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
Re: Journey Up the South Branch
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2013, 09:14:04 PM »
That's Cool t^

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2013, 05:50:22 AM »
 t^
Its better to sit in a boat and think about God, than to sit in a church and think about fishing.

Offline Salty Dog

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2013, 07:43:22 AM »
It is really nice ,to find a place that you seem to be the only person on the planet .No noise ,no other signs of human activity .Enjoy it ! chrz

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-