Author Topic: NO BUGS at the park so far today...  (Read 2248 times)

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
NO BUGS at the park so far today...
« on: September 06, 2013, 10:09:13 AM »
I just saw John's report from Seaside Park at Betty & Nicks Bait & Tackle.  NO BUGS at least so far.  The wind is out of the north west changing to the north east later so fishing should be picking up.

There were reports of fluke being caught in Seaside Park and small mullet schools were seen in IBSP.  If the mullet are around so should the blues and stripers.  Get out there and get ready to have some fun off the surf.

Happy Catching

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline ChrisL

• Super Hero Member
    • Oak Lane Woodworks
Re: NO BUGS at the park so far today...
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2013, 02:39:58 PM »
 First hand knowledge....there's flies in the park today.  Not like the last few days, but they're there.  It's bearable though.   Two days ago, we literally didn't even stop the truck and we were completely swarmed and had to leave without ever getting of the truck.
Today.....Wind was out of the north at 15+.  Water was a bit choppy but fishable. 
Very few guys fishing out front.  Along the N Jetty there was fluke, baby seabass and small tog being caught. 

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2013, 03:33:15 PM »
Thanks Chris...  I wish that there was something that would repel those buggers.  I know years ago down in LBI there were a few traps set up and it seemed to work but for some reason that program was discontinued.  They were large black boxes that were put up about 3 feet above the ground and were approximately 4' square.  Not sure what the inside was like but I heard they worked and now there no where to be found.

Oh well, Fall is coming and thae cooler days and nights should put a stop to them for a while.

Happy Catching

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2013, 06:55:14 PM »
Bring back the black box.. t^
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-