Author Topic: new to this a lil help please! 9-22  (Read 2935 times)

Offline wanttofish

new to this a lil help please! 9-22
« on: September 22, 2013, 03:54:07 PM »
hi all, names carl, im from buffalo ny, a fairly avid salmon fisherman. im going to be going on vacation in 2 weeks on oct 7th, and was hoping to get down to the coast to do some surf fishing. could anyone give me some tips on where to go, what to use, or what we may have a good chance of catching. i have gear i inherited from my father and love fishing, tho this will be my first time fishing from the surf. also are any permits needed?
thanks all!

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
Re: new to this a lil help please! 9-22
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2013, 04:01:35 PM »
Welcome.   What area?

Offline wanttofish

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2013, 04:10:18 PM »
fyi, i will be passing through jersey so it really dont matter where!

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2013, 04:32:28 PM »
 wa 
Scroll down the homepage to the "license and permit" areA.  Sign up for the free saltwater registry.  Print out the certificate.  That makes you legal and is free.    You have to let us know where your staying so we know where you can fish.
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline wanttofish

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2013, 10:03:34 PM »
we are actually staying in southern pa, we are taking a day to goto the jersey coast, so it really dont matter where we go. just lookin for a good place to try to get into some stripers or blues if they are around at that time.

Offline Reckless

• AKA Frankeu
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2013, 05:36:03 AM »
From southern Pa like the Philly area. IBSP, Seaside Park or the Lighthouse area.

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2013, 05:46:07 AM »
IBSP=Island beach state park  is just north of Long Beach Island.
 The Stripers and Blues should be around. Any shoreline from Sandy Hook down to Long beach island should be productive. Fresh clam bellies or Bunker chunks are a good choice of bait. If a blitz happens to occur while you are there you can switch over to a jig. Ava 47 jigs with a tube over the hook work well and hold up to the sharp teeth on bluefish.  If Stripers are around a rubber shad by Storm or Tsunami work well. Imitation eels like a Ronz work too.
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2013, 09:29:36 AM »
 whs

Plus if you are going to Island Beach State Park there is a charge to get on either 5 or 6 dolars at that time I believe.  Yhe park is long approx 10 miles but there are parking lots all up and down the road so you can park and walk over the dunes to get to the water.

If you decide to go there park in A10 and walk over the dunes there is a hole there that is pretty productive most times of the year.  The time of year should see the blues and striper runs just starting so fishing should be good.  Early fishing I would also bring mullet along.  Stop in at Betty & Nicks and ask for help these guys are the best.

Good luck and keep us posted on your efforts.

Happy Catching

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-