Author Topic: Fuel Flow Meter  (Read 4205 times)

Offline BruceH

• Full Member of the Den
Fuel Flow Meter
« on: January 02, 2014, 06:30:36 AM »
I've been looking around for one but not sure which one to get.  Single Tank Johnson 115 Outboard. Some manufacturers want to know rate of fluid.  How does one know how much fuel in running thru the line at idle - top speed?

Offline sealife

Re: Fuel Flow Meter
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2014, 01:58:19 PM »
I had a couple of small ones from two different manufacutuers and neither one was accurate.  One trip I would burn 2 gallons and another to the same place I would use 30 gallons.  Dumped them and bought a floscan and have had no problems.  One pint that might be an issue is you need to hook up a voltage source to keep the total used info from trip to trip.  On my boat I just disconnect it since once I know the fuel used on this trip I write in the logbook.

Offline wb

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2014, 09:40:40 PM »
ol' sea dog rule of thumb says a 2stroke o/b would burn approx. HP/10 gph at WOT.

so a 115 hp will burn about 115/10 = 11.5 gph at WOT.

4strokers, I/O's and full inboards will burn less (generally.)

stick with the floscan-- after a short calibration/learning curve on the first 5 tanks it will be very accurate for a long time.

Offline BruceH

• Full Member of the Den
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2014, 06:57:35 AM »
There a little pricy but so is being towed in.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-