Author Topic: Roosters Crabbing 10-14  (Read 1313 times)

Offline Peterooster

• Peterooster
Roosters Crabbing 10-14
« on: October 14, 2007, 06:35:33 PM »
Tom and I had the Roosters out this morning leaving our slip at Atlantic Highlands Marina at 7:00 AM heading up the Shrewsbury River to look for late season Blueclaw Crabs. The wind was blowing out of the NW at a pretty good clip making the ride a bit chilly. I guess we have been spoiled by the recent warm weather (come on global warming). Arriving at Buoy #36 we set up in six feet of water as the tide was starting to come in. Using only hand lines the crabs started coming on board right away. The action slowed at around 10AM and we headed back in. Tom had bought three Bunkers and he found a large Bluefish carcass at the fish cleaning station at the harbor, which worked out well for bait. Total catch was 34 crabs biggest being 6".
       PETE                                               
PETE  (°_)°)

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
Re: Roosters Crabbing 10-14
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2007, 08:42:37 PM »
nice catch and very good eaten..
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline SPEEDRUG

• caught about the max on a party boat
Re: Roosters Crabbing 10-14
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2007, 10:13:44 PM »
While fishing next to the statue of liderty i pulled up the biggest crab i have ever seen.It measured about 7.25....wow it was big threw it back to live another day...

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-