Author Topic: Lake Ontario  (Read 10625 times)

Offline Still Running

• AKA-Rick(Dieselhp)
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
    • truck parts
Lake Ontario
« on: April 24, 2008, 07:10:44 AM »
Anyone go up to Lake Ontario in the fall for the Salmon run? I go up at the end of august and weekends after that. I fish the lake when the fish are 5 miles out. Let me know maybe we can hook up.
Fishing Sandy Hook and anywhere I can get on a boat.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife sells all of my fishing tackle for what she thinks I paid for it!
Www.HNCTruckParts.com

Offline Sam3

Re: Lake Ontario
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2008, 07:16:22 AM »
Do you charter a boat or use your own?

Offline Duffman

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2008, 07:27:28 AM »
I go up every year in early August at the start of the lake fishery.   Last few years have been pretty good, trolling salmon flies  80 - 150 feet down in the 550-600 foot deep range.
  I'd love to get up there later in August and Sept but family vacations and kid back in school makes it tough.

Offline Still Running

• AKA-Rick(Dieselhp)
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
    • truck parts
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2008, 07:35:18 AM »
I have the same problem. I leave Friday after work and back on Sunday, unless the kids are off, then I stay Monday. I leave the boat and RV up there. They dont charge me if I am not there. I just pay for the nights Im there.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife sells all of my fishing tackle for what she thinks I paid for it!
Www.HNCTruckParts.com

Offline Duffman

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2008, 02:35:28 PM »
Sounds like a sweet deal.  How many can you take on your boat comfortably?   I'd like to see if I can get a  2nd weekend to go up there. Sometime between Labor day weekend and my tuna trip 3rd weekend in Sept.
   Where do you launch?  Oswego,Mexico etc?

Offline Still Running

• AKA-Rick(Dieselhp)
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
    • truck parts
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2008, 02:44:27 PM »
4 people Salmon fishing.
I am trying to get a slip on the Salmon river while I am up there. This way I dont have to deal with the laucnh.

Www.HNCTruckParts.com

Offline Sam3

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2008, 02:56:53 PM »
I may be up for this trip. Would love to get back out on the big lake.  t^

Offline Still Running

• AKA-Rick(Dieselhp)
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
    • truck parts
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2008, 03:06:54 PM »
Let me if anyone wants to go up. I just need to know what weekends people want to go so I don't end up with too many people. Mid Sept is nice. If the wind is blowing alot and cant get out on the lake, can always fish the river. When I fish the river I only fish from the throwing a spoon. But if you go you cant tell anyone what spoon you are using. LOL Only a few up there know about it and if everyone finds out it will turn into a mass ball of line, because it out fishes anything elese when the fish are in the river.

Www.HNCTruckParts.com

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-