Author Topic: Where to boat and camp  (Read 109151 times)

Offline double3fd

Where to boat and camp
« on: March 23, 2014, 06:18:24 PM »
Hey guys, where in new jersey or close to it can u boat and camp. Something like anchor up on an island and swim to shore an camp or have a dock to each camp site. I have a 20 foot boat with a 90 hp. So there can't be any horsepower restrictions.

Thanks for any suggestions
-Angry Snapper- "A bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work"

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
Re: Where to boat and camp
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2014, 07:04:54 AM »
Hmm?  Good question.   On the inside of Sandy hook is a small island I believe called Skeleton island that we go t on day trips. I don't know the rules for overnighters.   I know lake George NY is great for what your looking for.  You can rent your own island from the parks dept.
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline Still Running

• AKA-Rick(Dieselhp)
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
    • truck parts
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2014, 08:14:30 AM »
There are no campgrounds in NJ on salt water where you have a dock on the water. I have looked for years.

You have to go to MD or Va for that.
Fishing Sandy Hook and anywhere I can get on a boat.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife sells all of my fishing tackle for what she thinks I paid for it!
Www.HNCTruckParts.com

Offline Fishin Dude

• Super Hero Member
  • FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2014, 08:53:37 AM »
Yep, you've got to get out of NJ for that. Toms Cove Campground in Va. Has some sites on the water where you and beach or anchor right at the site. There is also a ramp, slips, and ample trailer parking. 

If you set up camp over night on some of the local NJ spots that everyone hangs out to party during the day,such as "Treasure Island" in the Manasquan, 
expect a visit from an officer with a flashlight to wake your ass up. Anchor and sleep on the boat and you will be fine.
I've spent most of my life fishing, the rest I've just wasted     <'((((><

Offline Treebeard

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2014, 11:40:07 AM »
Not in Jersey.. but an easy drive away..Come check out the Hudson.. here's a place to pitch your tent   t^

http://nysparks.com/parks/98/details.aspx

The river up here is perfect for a boat like yours..Well charted and marked, great scenery, lots of history..  and the fishing can go from good to sick depending on the time of year and what you are after..keep in mind that a large portion of the Stripers that we'll fish for off NJ all season, will be swimming by here to spawn at some point between late april- late june..   TT^  Stripers aside, the Largemouth/smallmouth bass fishing is some of the best in the state,  plus an assortment of other species to target.. panfish, catfish, tiger muskies etc, etc.. In the summer, folks will be out tubing, rafting/partying in coves, or just cruising around.. but you'll find plenty of elbow room most of the time..  Lots of places to put in..you could launch anywhere from Kingston to Hudson, depending on how much river you want to explore  t^  chrz chrz

Offline Takes Prizoners

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2014, 01:47:30 PM »
Try Raystown Lake in PA.  A bit of a drive but by far one of the best vacations I've had.  Got to book campsites well in advance though. Awesome scenery and wildlife.  Got waken up 1 day to a few P51's dogfighting around the area. lots of room to play in the water

Offline double3fd

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2014, 10:01:27 AM »
great thanks guys
-Angry Snapper- "A bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work"

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-