Author Topic: From the suds...  (Read 216231 times)

Offline PeggyLee

• Super Hero Member
Re: From the suds...
« Reply #180 on: April 15, 2008, 08:03:21 PM »
Pual, nice report.

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
« Reply #181 on: April 16, 2008, 12:05:19 AM »
OK, am I the only one on this board that is out on the beach?  Where are the reports?  I know there are guys lurking that read this report and the conditions at IBSP.  We need to hear from anyone with information about the conditions of the surf.  That is what keeps us alive and able to keep up with the boating guys.

If you don't want to give specific locations just give a general location.  With the price of gas and the possibility of parks closing or having winter hours all year long it will be harder and harder to get out.

Please, if we keep everyone informed of the day to day conditions it will be a very productive year.

Thanks in advance for the onslaught of new postings...

Happy Catching

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline gagedylan

• http://www.myspace.com/husbandshatemeclub
    • facebook
« Reply #182 on: April 16, 2008, 08:09:19 AM »
LURKER HERE! 

i'm a "suds jockey", but my fishing is south of barnegat inlet. not much going on down here. gonna try today again, will report.....
25' Chris Craft Sea Hawk W/A with twin Suzuki 140 OB

Offline ReelErIn

« Reply #183 on: April 16, 2008, 08:46:59 AM »
 t^ t^
willies1999fxsts@yahoo.com
Hunter Ed Instructor NJ F&W
NJ Federation/NJOA

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #184 on: April 16, 2008, 09:28:14 AM »
Looking forward on the reports from down south.  There are more down there than you think.  The problem is that they need to sign up and participate in the dialog here.

Or if need be to start a new thread just for that area alone. 

Thanks for posting

Happy Catching

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #185 on: April 17, 2008, 03:03:03 PM »
Hi All,

Friday adesai73 (Ash) and I will be going out to IBSP.  The game plan is to stock up on clams and whatever for out front as well as in the shallows out back.

We will be wading in at A21 and heading south for a while along the banks and see what happens.  I have a number of new flies I tied this winter I want to try.

I just changed my fly line and backing after I saw cracks in the fly line.  Replaced it with Scientific Anglers WF-9-S it a sinking line in green and gray.  Boy that stuff gets expensive every year.  $45 bucks just for 90 feet of line, OUCH.  Backed it with 17# Sufix Siege silver.  Looks good and I am glad I did the whole thing.

After an hour or so we will probably head south to the inlet and work the pocket for a little and meander north till we reach wherever.  especially if we get into the catching mode.

It looks like it will be a sunscreen type of day and with the weather guesspirts saying it should reach 80, it should be spectacular.

I'm Ready...

Paul

IN GOD WE TRUST

Offline jmd41

« Reply #186 on: April 17, 2008, 03:13:59 PM »
Go get em Paul!!  t^
Jim

Offline PeggyLee

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #187 on: April 17, 2008, 05:33:13 PM »
Paul, Good luck(Friday)at IBSP.The weather is going to be perfect! As we said, plenty of bait,two rods,a chair a sandwich and a cold drink. I left the cigar out cause you stated the smoke bothers your allergy.Looking forward to your post.       AJ

Offline adesai73

« Reply #188 on: April 17, 2008, 05:56:49 PM »
^ Well, I've got the sandwiches and cold drinks covered.  My cigs are coming, I'll just have to excuse myself now and then...or stand downwind.  Can't wait, took the day off to go fishing and couldn't have been rewarded with a more stellar day!  Now, hopefully, the fish will cooperate...

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #189 on: April 17, 2008, 10:48:55 PM »
Everything is ready all I have to do is put the rod holder on and load that up in the AM (wife needed to borrow the expedition today), fill the gas and meet at Grumpys.

Like I pm'd Ash, the barometer dropped slightly, the full moon is in two days. low tide is around 12:55 or so.  We are in the zone.  The only better day would be on the 20th at night.

But you can't have everything.

Happy Catching

Paul
« Last Edit: April 17, 2008, 10:53:39 PM by ped579 »
IN GOD WE TRUST

Offline basslover

• Full Member of the Den
« Reply #190 on: April 17, 2008, 10:54:47 PM »
Paul, I'll be there tomorrow also.  But not until noonish.  I'm gonna wait for my girlfriend to get of work.  She's the one that got me hooked on surf fishing, so it's hard not to go without her.  I'll have my truck...gold nissan frontier with the rack on the front and the big gold g.loomis sticker on the back window.  Hope to see you there, and good luck!!

Ryan
I'm the one on IBSP driving the Gold Nissan Frontier with the big G.Loomis fish on the back window!

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #191 on: April 17, 2008, 11:05:06 PM »
Hey Ryan,

My game plan is to park at A21 to start and fish the back waters for an hour or so depending if we are catching anything back there or not.  I will be using my fly rod and messing around with some new flies I tied over the winter.

Then it will be down to the pocket and see what is going on there.  High Tide in SSH is 12:55 so you should be there for the change in the tides.

If you want give a call I will have my cell but if no answer I will get back to you as soon as I can.  732-684-0385.  Maroon Expedition with a small rod & cooler rack up front.

Looking forward to hooking up with both of you.

Happy Catching

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

Offline basslover

• Full Member of the Den
« Reply #192 on: April 17, 2008, 11:35:10 PM »
Cool...I'll probably go straight to the pocket.  That's what I've been doing lately.  Hope to meet up with you!!

Ryan
I'm the one on IBSP driving the Gold Nissan Frontier with the big G.Loomis fish on the back window!

Offline jmd41

« Reply #193 on: April 18, 2008, 07:57:28 PM »
Dunked some clams at the Manasquan Inlet during the incoming ... 4:00 to 7:30pm ... Skunk.

Lots of people fishing but no one catching anything. 
Jim

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #194 on: April 18, 2008, 08:00:27 PM »
Good effort. A couple more days of this weather and they will be there.  TT^
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline basslover

• Full Member of the Den
« Reply #195 on: April 19, 2008, 12:32:24 PM »
Paul & Ash, it was great meeting the both of you!!  Hopefully we can fish together soon!  We stayed for another 30-45 minutes after you last saw us at A12 then left.  The wind shifted and it warmed up just as we were leaving.  We got the skunk on the beach but I ended up catching my first striper later on in the evening while fishing right down the street from my house in the Toms River. And it was right at keeper size!  It's amazing how good it feels when you catch the first one of the season!  It really gets your heart pumping!!  I got 2 good hits afterwards but wasn't quick enough on the hookset and lost both of them. Dawn also got a couple hits, but no hook up. We might try it again tonight.  See ya!!

Ryan

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #196 on: April 19, 2008, 12:39:11 PM »
Congrats on your first keeper of the season. It will only get better from here on out.  t^
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #197 on: April 19, 2008, 04:57:17 PM »
Good going Dawn and Ryan...

Nice to meet both of you yesterday.  It was a skunk for us as well.  We went through 2 dozen clams out front and tried a number of lures and flies out back.  The water was not too bad temp. wise though back there.  But, the wind started to kick up and that is when we decided to go out front.

The waves were insane and it was hard to read a lot of the cuts but that is OK.  The water is still too cold out there.  It sure felt good to get out though.

I don't think I will be out till the beginning of the week, let the bennys enjoy the beach.

Where do you live in TR?  I am on Duchess Ct.  I have not tried the river this year maybe I should.  Were you by the IH Yacht Club or further up river?

I have been meaning to try over by the old Brown property.  It looks interesting.

If it doesn't rain Monday I might be out with my daughter either that or Wednesday is another target date.

I can't wait to have Ash down to get his first fish off the surf under his belt. 

At least I know we fished hard.  Going through 2 dozen clams especially after seeing all the clams on the southern part of the beach should of brought attention but again NADA  nosmly nosmly

To the guys at Grumpys...Nothing, but we tried.  Like they say you got to be in the game to win.  And we were.

Wink_man I did not hear of any weakies being caught down here out back yet.
There are more short stripers than weakfish.

Ash thanks for a good day and great company.  Lets give Mondays a try on your next day off.  TT^

Happy Catching All.

Paul

IN GOD WE TRUST

Offline adesai73

« Reply #198 on: April 22, 2008, 08:04:25 AM »
Checking in a little late, but no matter.

Paul, as always, it was a pleasure fishing with and shooting the $hit with you.  A true gentleman and a great teacher, to boot!  No doubt we'll slay'em on one of our outings...we're due!

Dawn and Ryan, it was really nice meeting the two of you.  Hopefully, our paths will cross again.

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #199 on: April 25, 2008, 12:18:24 AM »
Hi All,

Well I was over at Ortley Beach today before going over to IBSP.  Did someone forget to tell me when summer crashed upon us?  The beach was loaded with people it was great for the eye candy but I really was in the mood to fish there but felt it was not safe because of all the people on the beach.

I guess we will have to get use to the crowds once again.  I think us fishermen will have a tough time this year finding beaches without people.  As the gas prices go up so do the crowds on local beaches.  The out of towner's will be coming down in droves instead of going on longer trips out of state.

The local piers in Seaside Park and the Heights look like they are all ready for the onslaught of summer frolickers.  The local marinas har starting to fill up faster this year, it might just be me though. 

The Stewarts is about to open on Rt. 37 that is a good thing.  Well as you can tell I am rambling and not talking about fishing only because there ain't no fish being caught to, speak of anyway.

It looks like my fishing days will be on the weekdays and weekend fishing is out too crowded already.  Unless my out of towner relatives come by and want to freeload, ah, I mean go out fishing and stay the weekend.

That is OK it gets me out but it gets old taking care of non fishing members of the family.  Don't you just hate it when you get everything ready bait on and in the water with 4 to 6 poles working stretched out 20 to 30 yards and they all decide to take a walk.  :-X

Oh well the joys of summer fishing with family.

Happy Catching

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-