Author Topic: From the suds...  (Read 216317 times)

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
Re: From the suds...
« Reply #380 on: October 31, 2008, 12:32:25 AM »
I was out there after 10 and the wind was still whipping pretty hard.  While I was there I saw 4 shorts caught but it seemed to be pretty steady as was the wind.  All that were caught were on calms BTW.

Happy Catching

Paul

IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline Rick,stillcasting

« Reply #381 on: October 31, 2008, 07:39:12 PM »
hey guys,after my last post I did get out,,    guys left and right of me kept catching blues and I couldn't hook-up, I had my light set-up and wanted the head thrashing and left/right runs, I even gave my spot to a fly fisherman cause it was so perfect for his type of fishing ,out on a bar w/ a pocket to the right, he thanked me. I wasn't always so nice.
I finally got my hook-up w/ the head thrashing and left/right run playing as a crazyeye, till I saw its dorsal fin,29" fatty bass. I have some good mojo going. My best bud enjoyed the recipe I gave him. Get out guys! I enjoy all your post,KEEP'EM COMING.I'm going out now, trick or treat? I'm also excited because my younger bro that got me into bass fishing is meeting me.

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #382 on: October 31, 2008, 07:54:32 PM »
Nice catch. Giving up your spot to the fly guy paid off.  t^
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

« Reply #383 on: October 31, 2008, 11:33:32 PM »
We did get out for a few hours.My brother caught his first 3 fall bass! One was a keeper just under 29".All on teaser. It was great to see him hooked-up w/ his light surf plugging rod. As for me tossed a sinking needle really far and got an immediate hook up, know you got the fish good? Reel alittle and know you got something substantial feeling like a full garbage can? Well thats what a skate feels like when you foul hook it in the back,wings spread!My solo fish,,guess I got the trick and he got the treats. Great short Night.

« Reply #384 on: November 01, 2008, 08:33:38 AM »
Okay I fish alot. If I'm going to share the neat times here I'll share the ugly..Got out b4 sunrise,, made many cast, then forget to flip bail,zing,bye skoolbus & teaser,, retie a new rig,, get set to make first cast, zing I do it again! Drain bamage!,, So I'm going home,, see a buds truck,stop,retie ,walk on,,make several cast,hook-up got a good bend,,yes! lose him! now home bound. Oh, yeah did I mention I did the same "zing "w/ a super strike sinking black needle last night w/ new teaser? I need a bail less! I need a new brain! I wasn't even tiried and there weren't any bikinis,, oh well can't wait for tonight!

Offline Bobby Wilds

• AKA abitskrewd
« Reply #385 on: November 01, 2008, 11:15:56 AM »
nice, glad to hear i wasnt the only one to do such a thing.

yesterday.....hit the beach early, around 0530.  slow start till about 6....then the bass started to show by breaking water all around.  hit one on a black needle, lost one on a black needle.  caught two on a brand new teaser, black with white and some flash.  hit one on a deadly dicks green 3 oz. next cast got broke off and lost the lure.  my buddy ended the day with 4 as well, black bomber and metal.  good day.

today......hit the same beach at the same time with only 25x more people out.  looked like they were giving away the fish, only today they werent being cooperative.  missed on fish, dunno if it was my sand eel teaser or the black needle.  saw 3 fluke landed 2 bass and 1 blue.  dead compared to yesterday.

lets hope that this NE wind sends the bass back into the suds.

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #386 on: November 01, 2008, 12:32:48 PM »
Great reports Rick and Abit!  I hate losing lures!  I always picture $$ flushing down a toilet...it is annoying and bugs me, but part of fishing.

I haven't been able to get out...I am missing some decent fishing, as usual!  Keep up the great work and I enjoy your reports.

TT^

Offline Greg7

« Reply #387 on: November 02, 2008, 12:50:58 PM »
Heading out right now, haven't decided where yet. Let you all know what happens.

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #388 on: November 02, 2008, 02:40:34 PM »
Good luck, Greg!  I hear the action is pretty good out there.

TT^

Offline Greg7

« Reply #389 on: November 02, 2008, 09:23:25 PM »
Well, I should stop fishing.  Went out with my brother to Pt. Beach. Only saw two other people fishing. Set up my one pole with clams and brought the other two rods to throw lures and what not. Threw everything in my box and nothing. not even on the clams.  Was pretty windy, I believe NE and nice and cold.  When I got home I gave all my rods, lures, and tackle box a complete rinse and cleanout and I think I might retire until Spring. ??? I don't know, its upsetting. haha.

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #390 on: November 02, 2008, 10:24:13 PM »
I headed out tonight too...only had an hour or two!  On the beach by 5pm, hit Brick Beach in front of the Old Thunderbird and worked south.  Huge sandbar there.  I was able to wade out 100+ feet on the incoming without water being above my knee.  Bunch of guys out plugging.  Heard early morning reports that the northeast/east winds brought in a lot of bait and bass.  Wind was suppposed to be NE/E at 10mph...it was a bit windier than that and getting cold.  Waves weren't too bad and the water was clear.  Stayed out on the sandbar until dark and concentrated on AVA's, Storm Shads and my favorite Casting Swimmer.  Shad and plug did not cast to great in the almost dead east wind.  After dark, moved up onto the beach and threw everything else at them with no luck.  No hits, no bumps, nothing!  Skunked again...

I didn't see anyone around me catching either and everyone I spoke to said the same thing...NO LUCK.

TT^

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #391 on: November 02, 2008, 11:38:18 PM »
Rick I feel your pain...I just caulk it up to the price I pay for not having a boat to pay those bills and paying all that extra money for gas, oil, maintenance, winterizing, storing, etc...

I know you catch a heck of a lot more from a boat but at least I can go home with the attitude I will have to replace that lure or two and not have to think twice as to weather I should or put gas into the tank or buy that lure I lost.

IN GOD WE TRUST

Offline SLAYER25

• Full Member of the Den
« Reply #392 on: November 10, 2008, 08:19:26 PM »
STRIPER ACTION HAS BEEN PRETTY HOT THE LAST FEW WEEKS MANY DAYS CATCHING FISH TO 30 LBS OFF THE SUDS IN LBI

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #393 on: November 10, 2008, 11:24:42 PM »
It is a heck of a lot more fun this year than last.  Sat I caught 3 to 29.5" on IBSP.  Plus I saw a lot more caught that day.

If you want to catch bass you have to look for the cuts and fish either side of them.  So far the out going has been the key for me.

Good Luck

Happy Catching

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

Offline surfrocket

« Reply #394 on: November 11, 2008, 07:39:37 AM »
I haven't been on that much latley,I have alot going on with my divorce. Rough times right now for me,but it will all work out. I have made it out fishing a bunch of times though,with mixed results. I fished last week with Rickstillcasting"my bud",lol. We were pluggin first part of night with no luck. When he left,I stayed out all night.Managed to clam up 10 bass no keepers. First light met up again,totally tired plugged again. Rick and his fellas were killin them no luck for me,tired and mind wasn't in it. I left them guys and met up with an old salt buddy who was clammin,and just b/sed for a bit before going home. A few nights later I plugged a few to 30 inches,out with my uncle north jersey beaches. Went out last night with the surf rocket and managed to pull 7 bass out of the soup. Watched my old man loose a big one,with only two keepers caught last night,it was funny to watch my old man loose a possible cow. I had to hear about how we didnt need the surf rocket to catch fish last night,so it was funny when he hooked this cow on a blasted bait. He looked like a little kid that just dropped his lolly pop down a sewer. It was funny.Thats fishin,lol.He wants me to come up by him again tonight for another shot. I told him you dont need the rocket to catch fish,lol. I will post report tomorow. Happy fishing to all grtn

Offline seanr8w

• Can't Cast..Can't Fish.. I guess I Caught a 22
« Reply #395 on: November 11, 2008, 02:34:27 PM »
Best of Luck  t^
"Last year I went fishing with Salvador Dali. He was using a dotted line. He caught every other fish....."
Steven Wright

Offline Bobby Wilds

• AKA abitskrewd
« Reply #396 on: November 16, 2008, 12:27:04 PM »
Saturday November 15th

started out with my fishing buddy at Mantoloking.  sounded like the surf was pounding when we first pulled up, so we walked up to check the water.  what a surprise, very fishy looking water, with fish busting here and there, oh and no other cars.  decided to hurry up and get dressed and get the plugs in the water.  worked the sand bar and the hole and started hitting fish.  metal was the key.  my buddy landed 3 bass.  i landed 6 bass and 1 blue.  moved south to area 21 and did the wind pick up.  now it was a real gale out of the south.  sand was blowing down the beach.  started with metal, but it wasnt heavy enough.  switched to a 4 oz bucktail and was able to hold the water long enough to hit 2 bass and my buddy got a blue.  almost caught another angler as he decided that he needed to get in on the action after he stalked us from his truck and then jumped right into our game.  you would think that being he was driving and we were walking that he would realize he has however many miles of beach to fish, and that the fish are everywhere, you just need to have the lines in the water and not rigged up in the rod holder to catch them.
anyways, after that we hit spring lake and my buddy landed 2.  sand eels were everywhere there. 
missed a few fish throughout the day, lost a few as well.  even with that wind blowing so hard the water was very fishable with the right lures and approach.  water was also very clean which was a pleasant surprise. 

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #397 on: November 16, 2008, 12:40:21 PM »
Nice catch!

Getting mugged in NJ on the beach fishing is as common as getting mugged in NYC ;D!

TT^

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #398 on: November 16, 2008, 01:13:45 PM »
Nice catch.  t^

Getting mugged on the beach has been going on a longgggggggggg time. Seems to be the buggie guys are the worse offenders of this. Maybe because it is so easy for them to just sit in their trucks with binoculars and look for bending poles instead of having to do the hard part of locating fish for themselves.  5hrug

Whatever the reason, it does suck.  nosmly
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline Bobby Wilds

• AKA abitskrewd
« Reply #399 on: November 16, 2008, 04:57:06 PM »
yea i guess its true.  the best part is that he didnt catch. 

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-