Author Topic: From the suds...  (Read 215797 times)

Offline Tacklebox Joe

• Super Hero Member
Re: From the suds...
« Reply #460 on: October 27, 2010, 09:14:18 AM »
First report in a long time....
I have been hitting the beaches sporadically this fall.  Not because there are few reports coming in from there, but because of time restrictions.  Anyways, I have been hitting all of the usual spots, slowly the fall has started to make a turn for the good.  Slow start back in late September and early October.  I was mostly picking at Fluke and Hick Shad on bombers, needle fish and teasers. 
Then on the 18th i was able to catch a schoolie bass around Monmouth county. If I had only decided to head south instead of home that day, I would have arrived in Seaside in time for that 3 or 4 hour blitz on bunker. 
Then i was able to get out last night and hit a favorite spot in Monmouth County that is good at all tides.  The wind was a little stronger than I expected, but that was OK, I was alone on the beach.  Worked metal and needle fish with a teaser and produced 2 nice fat bass.  One was worth a measure, but either way they both went back to fight again.  I also caught a skate on a needle fish.  Hoping the beaches hold up with this blow and that the weekend is a good start to the run.

clp GREAT WAY TO WORK IT BOBBY!!! I too have primarily been in Monmouth county  ;)

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #461 on: October 27, 2010, 10:39:06 AM »
Hey bobby thanks for the report I've probably fished next to you 100 times. I'm glad to here monmouth county reports being I'm from union beach let us know about any bite in the bay. Thanks
Its better to sit in a boat and think about God, than to sit in a church and think about fishing.

Offline Bobby Wilds

• AKA abitskrewd
« Reply #462 on: November 05, 2010, 02:51:49 PM »
heading out tonight after work.  anyone else going out this evening?  been checking out the surf cams and reports and it seems to have layed down since this morning.  water doesnt look too dirty either.  just wondering where i should start at.

Offline Tacklebox Joe

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #463 on: November 05, 2010, 03:37:04 PM »
heading out tonight after work.  anyone else going out this evening?  been checking out the surf cams and reports and it seems to have layed down since this morning.  water doesnt look too dirty either.  just wondering where i should start at.

i'll be out stalking the surf from Belmar down to SSP...water @ BB was dirty this morning, just a FYI

Offline Noworries2009

« Reply #464 on: November 05, 2010, 09:16:10 PM »
Tried this morning in my area ,no luck  but the ocean is settling nicely and should clean up over the weekend. I'll be out !!!

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
« Reply #465 on: November 05, 2010, 11:14:30 PM »
Just an FYI if you are going out to IBSP and are venturing out on the beach, Gillikins is real skinny and the beach is torn up a bit.  Many guys were getting stuck today.  Don't be one of them... fcp

Happy Catching

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline gagedylan

• http://www.myspace.com/husbandshatemeclub
    • facebook
« Reply #466 on: November 07, 2010, 06:26:50 AM »
Me and Poncho are heading out to LBI this morning......report, or lack of to follow
25' Chris Craft Sea Hawk W/A with twin Suzuki 140 OB

Offline Noworries2009

« Reply #467 on: November 07, 2010, 10:03:56 AM »
Fished this morning in my area of Ocean Cty. Not blitz fishing for me but I did score 3 bass including a 30" keeper. yellow tube on the jig. Lots of guys out. It's time  ;D

Offline Tacklebox Joe

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #468 on: November 07, 2010, 02:56:16 PM »
four bass caught this morning @ BB on ava27s with teasers one was a keeper!  t^

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #469 on: November 07, 2010, 11:35:34 PM »
Way to go...Got to love those teasers.   clp
IN GOD WE TRUST

Offline Tacklebox Joe

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #470 on: November 08, 2010, 08:39:28 PM »
 t^..Paul........FYI, bass layed thick this morning @ BB again. One DOZEN bass caught between 3 guys!

Offline ChrisL

• Super Hero Member
    • Oak Lane Woodworks
« Reply #471 on: November 08, 2010, 08:45:39 PM »
I'll be out hittin a few MoCo spots in the AM when I get out of work.

Offline Tacklebox Joe

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #472 on: November 08, 2010, 08:47:27 PM »
I'll be out hittin a few MoCo spots in the AM when I get out of work.

chris.....MB,BH & BB  t^

Offline ChrisL

• Super Hero Member
    • Oak Lane Woodworks
« Reply #473 on: November 08, 2010, 09:14:18 PM »

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #474 on: November 08, 2010, 09:14:44 PM »
Bb?
Its better to sit in a boat and think about God, than to sit in a church and think about fishing.

Offline Tacklebox Joe

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #475 on: November 08, 2010, 09:30:57 PM »
Al, pm sent...

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #476 on: November 09, 2010, 09:55:45 AM »
Great news guys thanks for the heads up.  I will be out there or some where on Wednesday morning.  I think I will be starting at Gillies and than move around a bit.

This cold weather is starting to bother me already, not sure if I will be out on the cold days.  This damn arthritis is the pits.

Happy Catching

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #477 on: March 03, 2011, 06:41:51 PM »
From The Suds

March 3, 2011

By Paul Danielczyk

Well it’s that time of year again.  All thoughts turn to getting all that gear back together early  season rigs and in shape.  I have a few more things to get ready but the rods and reels are all cleaned and ready to go.  Now I have to go through the tackle box and get rid of some old nasty s for the early season sticky stuff that I have no idea what it was any more. 

I have put the new Beach Buggie pass on the old Expedition and that is just about ready for the season all I have to do is clean out the back as I  still have the mess back there since I stopped last year, ugg.  I am hoping to get out sometime next week as cabin fever is still on my mind.  Once that is done lookout Island Beach State Park here I come.

It looks like I might have to make up some more rigs for the early season.  The hi-lo rigs are just about gone so to the bench I go.   I figure if I make 10 or 15 that should be enough for this year.  2/0 hooks on dropper loops should work as they are my normal set up for this time of year.  I have to pick up some more bucktails (white) that I tip with pink whatever.  I have used that combo for years and my early season average went up  season drastically. 

My usual spot is the north side of the Barnegat Inlet for some early season Blues.  I am looking forward to this year simply because it was in my mind a long winter.  I need to get out and feel the wind in my face.  I have some new techniques I will be trying and adding to the old ones.   The season this year seems like it will be another banner year.  I am hearing of fish being caught already.  If you want to try the early catch try around some of the piers in the bay or if you like white perch the upper part of the Toms River is the place to wet that line.

All the usual places might be a few weeks away form producing but to tell you the truth if no one is out there trying, guess what, no fish are being caught.  But for me this year will be an early start for me.  I am looking forward to getting out and being able to find some of those early fish that don’t know it is too early for them to be here.

One other thing I am looking forward to is getting the kayak in and use that a lot more than I did last year.  That too is already to go as well.  I will be looking for a used kayak for my wife this year as she has been bitten by the bug and would like to follow me around.  The Expedition can hold one more very nicely.  So if anyone is thinking of selling one we are in the market for one in the 10 foot range around 300 bucks or less. 

The sedge islands are looking good form shore and once the water warms up it will be sailing time for the yaks.  The old holes are getting warmer and I am sure the fish will be there especially if the new channel stays open and allows the water to be replenished with new water.  Last year was great and I am hoping this year will be a continuation of last.

If you have anything you want to share don’t be afraid to share as this site of a great one for being open and honest with its information to our members.  This article is just the beginning guys.  Look at our calendar to get info on up and coming shows and flea markets that will make the season seem like it is here.  I know one good one locally will be March 27th and that will be the New Jersey Beach Buggie Association’s at the
Toms River Elks 600 Washington St.  Toms River, NJ.  Last year was a good crowd and this year it will be even better.  I am hearing that there will be up to 100 vendors.  So come early and get some good buys.

Happy Catching

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

Offline Tacklebox Joe

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #478 on: March 03, 2011, 11:33:00 PM »
Nice write up Paul and a good read  t^ t^

Offline FishOn

« Reply #479 on: March 04, 2011, 08:45:04 AM »
I t whs^
Who are you to judge the life I live? I'm not perfect and I don't have to be! Before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean. - Bob Marley

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-