Author Topic: From the suds...  (Read 215763 times)

Online Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
Re: From the suds...
« Reply #500 on: May 21, 2011, 10:00:41 AM »
Ok.  That makes a little more sence.   Like crowding you if you are on the fish.
I just have a hard time swallowing old time ibsp guys thinks it's their turf. 

Offline kayak1

• only at night
« Reply #501 on: May 21, 2011, 11:08:09 AM »
Great post Paul......After fishing the area for 40 plus year's the place has not changed much or how outsiders can be treated on the beach front...

But if you have a hundred fisherman fishing IBSP and just a hand full fishing Lavallette.....Then most of the fishing reports will be in IBSP.....

In a couple week's the bunker will move North and so will the Bass and along with that will be all the same guy's fishing IBSP.....

Trust me you don't need to fish IBSP to get in on the BIG BASS of the spring Bunker run......I would recommend fishing alone anyway.....You have from South Seaside Park....North to Point Pleasant to fish.......

Great post Paul.....Its all 100% true.
The areas I fish are the ones you said where a wast of time

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
« Reply #502 on: May 21, 2011, 12:52:36 PM »
One good thing you have going for you is that you are members here.  If you see a maroon expedition with NJ Saltwater . com on the side rear windows stop by and say HI.  Even if you see it among vehicles parked in a group.  It might open some doors for you.

Happy Catching

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
« Reply #503 on: May 21, 2011, 11:05:14 PM »
Paul and his surf fishing gang, back in the day.  Stay off their turf!  ;D

« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 11:08:36 PM by Bucktail »

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #504 on: May 21, 2011, 11:14:56 PM »
When your a surf rat you stay a surf rat...  Got it???
IN GOD WE TRUST

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
« Reply #505 on: May 21, 2011, 11:21:43 PM »
 rofla clp

Online Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #506 on: May 22, 2011, 12:30:27 AM »
 ;D

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #507 on: May 22, 2011, 10:10:32 AM »
 TT^ slt clp
IN GOD WE TRUST

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #508 on: June 15, 2011, 10:30:53 AM »
Just heard from John over at Betty & Nicks in Seaside Park that there was a nice 42# bass caught off Hering Ave on live bunker (snag and drop style)from a yaker.  Plus a nice 18# bass probably caught in Seaside Park off the surf also on bunker.

The schools of bunker are all over the place snd right now the bass are focusing on them.  For now the clams are safe as the main focus for food is the mighty bunker.

It seems like the time right now, which is not unusual, for targeting striped bass is predawn and early evening right at dusk.  If you can get out there the bass are still there as are the blues.  The fun continues guys.

Happy Catching

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

Offline Scott G.

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #509 on: June 15, 2011, 01:38:53 PM »
 TT^ grtn TT^
Fishing, with me, has always been an excuse to drink in the daytime.

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #510 on: June 17, 2011, 11:49:51 AM »
From The Suds

June 17, 2011

By:  Paul Danielczyk

Okay, let’s try this again.  I just finished this report and for some reason it just went bye, bye.  

I have good news…The Fish Are Still Here.  But you might have to change your tactics and thinking to get them to bite.   I have been talking to a few Bait & Tackle shops and have heard all the same thing.  The fish are here but the anglers are not.  Those that venture out are catching, but here comes the difference.  The bite for the surf is not during the day light hours.  Pre dawn and dusk are the hot times right now.  I will explain a bit later.

There are bass being caught even though a lot of guys are not focusing in on the strategies that some shops are say to try.  This is becoming very frustrating to many shops.  Get away from the norm and listen to the guys that are trying to tell you what bait to use and how and when to use it.

For instance, right now the bite is on the bunker and only bunker.  Why, simply because there are tons of bunker all over the place and it is an easy target for all the fish that thrive on them.  I talked to a couple of captains yesterday and they are saying that the bunker are all over but there are blues under the pods stacked up like cord wood just digesting and not feeding.  You simply have to wait for the trigger time for them to feed again.  This seems the same for the striped bass as well.

For us surf guys the trigger is yes using bunker chunks and targeting the dawn and dusk times of day.  Clams are not on the menu right now so don’t waist your money.  We were out yesterday and had both baits out and the only thing that was hit were the hooks with bunker.  Go figure.

We hit the beach (IBSP) around 2PM and talked to a few regulars and with a disgusted look they all responded with a , “nothings biting”.  Not what we wanted to hear.  We knew we were staying later so we settled in and waited for a while and made our way to a favorite spot and had dinner on the beach and threw out a few lines just to see what happens.  Well just like clock work the sun goes down and the first fish hits the line.  Small blue hit the beach and was returned.  Then my line goes another blue to which he was returned to grow a little.  Then the doggies started and after landing 3 of them puppies we called it a night.  

I have to say the strategies of fishing the off hours for us have been right on for catching whatever.  I know everyone wants to catch that elusive striped bass but in this anglers mind any catch off the surf is a good catch.

Yes bass are being caught up and down the coast but stick to bunker for right now and the times of pre dawn and dust till night are the times you will catch.  Try not to dead stick as the hits are very light and if you use a circle hook your chances have gone up considerably.

One thing I have noticed is that sand eels have been showing up so if you get a chance try throwing some metal and see what happens.  Plus the big guns on the beach have been throwing plugs and the color right now is yellow so give them a try as well.

The picture is of Ray Kerico with his personal best of 40.5# caught yesterday from a kayak. Nice going Ray.

Happy Catching

Paul
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 12:16:16 PM by ped579 »
IN GOD WE TRUST

Offline RON B

« Reply #511 on: June 17, 2011, 09:59:38 PM »
Thanks for the greta info

Offline Tacklebox Joe

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #512 on: June 19, 2011, 12:18:08 AM »
 t^

Offline mmmdrum

« Reply #513 on: June 20, 2011, 02:57:04 PM »
i fished sandy hook this morning,went to the unguarded beach,lot "b"..caught 4 short fluke and a few robins..seas were nice and calm,light swell..then the wind came on a little bit tbefore noon and it got a lil cranky..all in all a good day at the beach.. chrz
fishermans code:early to bed early to rise,fish like hell and make up lies....

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #514 on: June 20, 2011, 06:04:21 PM »
 TT^ grtn clp
IN GOD WE TRUST

Offline Bobby Wilds

• AKA abitskrewd
« Reply #515 on: October 03, 2011, 10:37:40 AM »
was out saturday night at SH. plenty of bait in the water. mullet were being worked, but nothing was getting attention out of the plug bag. switched over to a spook style bait and hooked up with a 22" rat. was nice to finally get a tug on the line this year. after SH i headed south and worked a favorite spot of mine. two hard hits on a darter, but no hookups.

this morning i made it out to nomoco and was working a few plugs to match the mullet which was everywhere. hooked up with a nice bass about 32-34 inches on the teaser. nice fish. once sun was up i ended up hitting a small blue on some metal. water is looking better and better each time out

Offline gymrat987654321

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #516 on: October 03, 2011, 10:51:50 AM »
Nice report  t^

Offline ChrisL

• Super Hero Member
    • Oak Lane Woodworks
« Reply #517 on: October 03, 2011, 11:21:32 AM »
 whs   t^

Offline SurfJockey

• Super Hero Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #518 on: October 03, 2011, 11:43:47 AM »
 wts
IBSP #1-4150 NJBBA #4753 - Red 2007 Ford Explorer Sport-Trac

Offline Offshore Madness

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #519 on: October 03, 2011, 11:52:25 AM »
 t^
Why does it Matter to you? cause I could careless.........

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-