Author Topic: From the suds...  (Read 215745 times)

Offline Pops Soul

• SKIP <*}}}><
  • Super Hero Member
  • SKIP <*}}}><
Re: From the suds...
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2007, 09:37:10 AM »
Yea Joe that would be what I was thinking about ::) Next time you go to the H Mart on Woodburn Rd. they sell those out there whole cleaned the way you like only they call them a "Beltfish" t^
It's Not A Knot Until You Pull It Tight!

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2007, 01:41:03 PM »
Hi All,

Tried to get out late this morning before it starts to rain but the wind was a problem.  Here on the mainland its blowing 10 - 15 with gusts around 20 out of the w to wnw.  I wanted to test out a lure I rebalanced but it would not have been a good test.

Along the stretch or beach I only saw 3 lines in the water from Lavellett to Seaside.  Water very choppy and I would say wave heights 4-5 coming out of the south.  Not a good day to be on the beach or the ocean.  The sand is really blowing, like I said not a good day to be out there.

So its lawn cutting time, I might as well get it done now so I don't have to do it when the weather changes for the better. ;D

Happy Catching

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2007, 12:13:32 AM »
Hi All,

Well just by reading the signs it looks like the run will be here any time now.  The water is dropping nicely and the bait is still around (some what).  And the talk here on the board sounds good.  I will be trying to get out as much as possible this week and post some hearsays I gather from talking to very interesting guys on the beach and walkovers.

It was pretty dull today inspite of some reports from a few B & T's.  The wind was blowing out of the west and the wave action was down quite a bit.  There were a few boaters working the beach line but did not see anything coming over the rail.  The birds were working well off shore but so far nothing.

There was talk that dolphins were around this morning so the water is still up there and small croakers were being caught off IBSP.

Where are the Cows? 

Maybe tomorrow will be the day to go down to the sea.

Sorry about that lapsed into another dimension.  lack of catching will do that to a guy and gal too.

It sounds like there is a shortage of clams because of the snotty weather making it hard for the boats to get out.  Nothing wrong with salted clams which I understand most shops have them.  Probably by Tuesday or Wednesday fresh batches will be in we will see.

Happy Catching

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2007, 01:30:41 AM »
Hi All,

Well today looked like the day to bust the bass gates wide open.  Got to the beach around 10:00 this morning, everything was on target.  Put the waders on slinked out on the the beach and found a good spot right next to a rip and started plugging.

Not much happened but I saw the birds starting to work way off shore about 1/4 mile or so. they were putting on quite the show see some pictures below.
That was the problem the birds and the bait stayed well off shore the whole morning and into early afternoon.

There were no fish caught while I was there but the conditions were great.

I will be there tomorrow morning to see what happens.  Sooner or later they have got to come in.  When they do I hope I'll be there.

I will post the lures I used today later so you can see the variety I carry in my bag as I walk the beach.  BTW all the pictures were taken with a Canon 20D with a 400mm lens.  Remember these birds are way out there.

Happy Catching

Paul
« Last Edit: October 31, 2007, 01:34:25 AM by ped579 »
IN GOD WE TRUST

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2007, 01:37:38 AM »
It's days like that when you can pull a muscle trying to get a few extra yards on your casts.  Frustrating to say the least! bngh 

Hopefully they'll come in a bit closer tomorrow.

Good Luck!

-Bob

Offline kezsr

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2007, 05:30:51 AM »
good luck tomorrow,which is now today,going out myself,going to try drifting some eels in the river,leaving at 6
of all liars among mankind the fisherman is most trustworthy.  William Sherwood Fox

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2007, 09:17:22 AM »
Hio All,

Hope to have some better pic's today.  With Bass in them grtn

Happy Catching

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

Offline wink_man

« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2007, 12:24:35 PM »
Hio All,

Hope to have some better pic's today.  With Bass in them grtn

Happy Catching

Paul

Would love to see some pics, and hopefully you will have some. I heard from a very reliable source late this morning that a guy fishing the beach in Brick caught 5 bass early this morning on low tide, 2 were keepers. The bass were all caught on fresh clams.
Garry

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2007, 12:36:23 PM »
 w00t w00t

Offline Pops Soul

• SKIP <*}}}><
  • Super Hero Member
  • SKIP <*}}}><
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2007, 01:10:43 PM »
Hey Paul Great pics Thanks for shareing. Your putting in enough time sooner or later it has to pay off  t^
It's Not A Knot Until You Pull It Tight!

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2007, 01:19:13 PM »
Paul,

I'll be jigging tomorrow (Thursday) on the Gambler, but I'm thinking about hitting the beach really early Friday morning.  I'm probably going to start over by the Thunderbird. 

If you're going to be around and want to meet up, let me know. ;D

-Bob

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2007, 06:40:39 PM »
Hey Bob,

Friday in the AM sounds good for me.  I have to get ready to shoot photos of the seniors in the Toms River East's Band before the football game in the afternoon.

I am looking forward to it.  I know you said the Thunderbird but we will meet up at the Brick beach parking area?  How early will you be hitting the beach so I know what time to roll out of the house.

BTW, I was over at Ortley again and not much going on especially if you were plugging.  There was a guy right down from the steps of the 3rd Ave. parking lot that caught 2 striper's one a keeper and the other abt. 26".  Both were caught on clams.  There was a guy not more than 20 yards from him fishing the same nada. Go figure. 5hrug

Happy Catching

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2007, 10:48:37 PM »
I'll probably be there by 5:00.  I love that pre-dawn/first light magic hour! ;D 

If that's too early for you, I can meet you later.  No problem.  Just let me know when is good for you.

BTW Thunderbird = Brick Beach for me.  That's where the old Thunderbird was, so that's what I've always called it.  so yeah, we can meet in that lot.  Sorry for the confusion.

I've sent you a PM with my cell.

-Bob

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2007, 11:35:42 PM »
I got the cell # and I will probably give you a call tomorrow (Thursday) about the time.  It sounds doable.

Paul

IN GOD WE TRUST

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2007, 01:36:41 PM »
Hi All,

Well I went I saw I left...

Otrley Beach's water conditions were still a little snotty but to add to the mix there was a large amount of sea foam in the suds.  With a west wind this should dissipate pretty soon.  Not many guys out this morning the beach was empty for the most part.  This was true up into Lavallette and Seaside as well.  I did not get onto IBSP only because the conditions were the same in a number of towns so I opted not to go.

The beach structure held up pretty good and the bars and the cuts are still in tact which is a good thing.

I will try later during High tide and see what happens.  Today during low tide nada.

Happy Catching

Paul

IN GOD WE TRUST

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2007, 04:11:45 PM »
Nice report Paul.  At least you got to see the water.   t^
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2007, 02:03:21 PM »
Hi All,

Well today was a fun morning.  I went to my usual spot Ortley Beach and there were fishermen all over the place and one spot I like to fish was open.  The closest guy was 20 yards away, nice.  I did  not notice anyone catching yet so I started with  Krocadile lure and no luck.  The guy next to me had one on and beached a nice Blue caught on a blue and white popper.  The closest thing I had was a blue and white Striper Swiper.  Third cast a 5# Blue,  then a lul for a while and another Blue this time a 9# Blue.  Meanwhile I noticed that there were other guys catching all up and down the beach.

The birds were working the water was calm fish were being caught its a beautiful thing.

I decided to try a red and white pencil popper and the first cast wham, another Blue 8#.  I left the beach and they were still catchings, Like I said it was a fun morning.

The only bad thing I probably won't get out till next week, but thats OK I caught today and life is good...

Happy Catching

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2007, 02:23:10 PM »
Nice going! t^  Was it all bluefish or did you see any with stripes?  I may head over there around 4:30 or 5 tonight to throw some plugs for a while.  So if you can fish for a couple of hours tonight, let me know. 

I was supposed to be going to see The Police in concert tonight (my wife got me tix), but it has been canceled. 

Sting's got the flu!

-Bob

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2007, 02:35:58 PM »
Nice Power Barf...

No it was all blues.  And all the catches as far as I could see were just inside the bar.  I would cast out to the bar and let the popper do its thing.  Man what a rush watching a top water lure get slammed.

I have to take my daughter to the mall for things she needs for the weekend so I doubt if I will be gfetting out tonight at all.

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2007, 03:08:04 PM »
Nice catch Paul.  Always a good day when you hit the beach and an even better day when you catch.   t^
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-