Author Topic: From the suds...  (Read 215741 times)

Offline gagedylan

• http://www.myspace.com/husbandshatemeclub
    • facebook
Re: From the suds...
« Reply #200 on: April 25, 2008, 07:53:18 AM »
i work retail, i work both saturdays and sundays. used to bother me, i couldnt go fishing with my friends, but now, when i get the occasional sunday off, and i hit the beach with a friend.....forget it! i'm back in the truck and headed home by 9:30 am. the out of towners hit the beach early to get a good piece of real estate, people with black socks really put their sand chairs right at the water's edge, no fear of swimming right next to a baited hook! then you haul in a half pound searobin, and they all want to know what it is, where it comes from, why it has wings.....you feel like you have a degree in marine biology!
25' Chris Craft Sea Hawk W/A with twin Suzuki 140 OB

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
« Reply #201 on: April 25, 2008, 07:08:19 PM »
Thats why lions eat their young.

I can't stand crowds that is why when it gets close to summer I only fish the park on weekdays.  Once that gets crowded I only fish the park at night.

Best time to fish for bass anyway.

I did OK today with a nice blue caught at the inlet.  First on this season.  Now onto the bass.

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline Uncle Luna

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #202 on: April 25, 2008, 07:43:52 PM »
Nice to see you got out there with this nice weather lately but if it wasn't for those out of towner's lots of people would be out of business
if not for them  ;D
Member Team Luna Sea 4

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #203 on: April 26, 2008, 09:48:31 AM »
Yeah, plus it is a game we play.  Who can pick out the out of towner.  You can always tell by the clothes they wear.  The big tel tail sign are the black socks and that is on the women.   rofla rofla hhppy hhppy
IN GOD WE TRUST

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #204 on: May 14, 2008, 11:53:40 PM »
Hi All,

Well I had all intension's of going out and dunk a lure or two.  I had the pole in the veh. but when I got to the beach most of it was gone.  What a shocker, but I kinda thought it would be bad but not that bad.

The only ones on the beach were workers trying to get sand back up under the stairs leading to the beach.  When I finally made it onto the beach I estimate that there was close to 6' in depth of sand lost at the dune line.

The rips and cute were changed again but they were very noticeable and huge.  I would guess the one cut by the Lifeguard Station was well over 100 yards long and you can see the current running out at least a 1/4 mile out.  Very impressive.

I have not hurd of anything being caught off the suds but in the afternoon I did see a couple of guys working the incoming tide with plugs and metals.

If you go tomorrow be prepared to use clams as there were a lot of them washed up on the beach and it is a good bet the bass will be feasting on them for a good long while.

There were no birds working any where as they are probably still hunkering down till things calm down a bit more.

I will be out there tomorrow to see how things are but it does not look good as we have another round of storms coming in.

Happy Catching

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
« Reply #205 on: May 15, 2008, 12:25:45 AM »
Does anyone else find it funny thay every time this topic comes up in the "unread posts" section there is a mad face next to it? >:(

;D

Offline seanr8w

• Can't Cast..Can't Fish.. I guess I Caught a 22
« Reply #206 on: May 15, 2008, 09:23:09 AM »
Does anyone else find it funny thay every time this topic comes up in the "unread posts" section there is a mad face next to it? >:(

;D

Only the guys with boats think its funny...the rest of us have the same  >:( face!
"Last year I went fishing with Salvador Dali. He was using a dotted line. He caught every other fish....."
Steven Wright

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #207 on: May 15, 2008, 09:45:22 AM »
Thats OK Sean just wait till the price of gas goes up so high that most of those guys with boats can't afford to take them out or pay for the high party boat rates.  I can still get out there with my beach buggie for a days outing and fish, catching or not... grtn

Happy Catching

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

Offline seanr8w

« Reply #208 on: May 15, 2008, 11:11:32 AM »
 slt He who laughs last.....  ;D
"Last year I went fishing with Salvador Dali. He was using a dotted line. He caught every other fish....."
Steven Wright

Offline jmd41

« Reply #209 on: May 17, 2008, 08:01:59 PM »
Fished the wall today (Point Pleasant) during the incoming tide 4-6pm. A few blues 2-3lbs.. Birds working like crazy but no fish.
Jim

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #210 on: May 20, 2008, 11:49:08 PM »
Hi All,

Well the weather looks like it might be opening up a window in the morning on Wednesday.  I will be up at 5 and on the beach by 6.  Well at least that is the plan.

All of the reports I have been reading and talking to guys at some local B&T's, have been in the times from 6 to 8 in the morning.  If you read other boards that target the surf the magic time is around 7:30 so with that in mind I will be ready to go on the beach with a big chunk of bunker and another chunk of clam in the water before 7:00.

I hope this recipe will bring home a nice cow (or anything for that matter).

Happy Catching

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #211 on: May 31, 2008, 12:39:31 AM »
Hi All,

Today was a defiantly a slower day as the barometer has been high for a while.  This past weekend was a banner one to say the least, with Memorial Day topping out as one of the best Striped Bass days in a very long time.  This was closely followed by the high number of Bluefish blitzes that were in the weight range of 15 to 20 poinds on average.

As the week progressed the amount of fish that were being caught diminished slightly and it was business as usual today with fish being weighed in but you had to be fishing in the late afternoon to have any luck.

As far as any particular spot well lets just say there were catches all up and down the coast.  If you can get out over the weekend I would advise you to pick up a number of bunker for the blues and clams for the bass.  If you are adventurous put on at least an 8/0 circle hook and the head of a bunker cast out and hold on the big bass will be along shortly.

Even though there are a lot of fish around the bite is off when it comes to lures, I would say give it a little more time and patience and you should be able to throw your lure of choice and have a fish on in all areas of the shore.

The water is starting to warm up nicely with Fridays water temp at 57 the steady climb and a low barometer should give a good showing on Sunday and the beginning of the week.

Happy Catching

Paul Danielczyk
IN GOD WE TRUST

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #212 on: June 07, 2008, 01:12:04 AM »
OK, I know there are guys going out and fishing the suds so where are the reports.

From reading the boards of Grumpys and Betty & Nicks that there are fish being caught but not in any great quantities.  Still catching blues on bunker chunks and bass on clams and a bunker heads.  This weekend is going to be a hot one till Tuesday so why not give the evening hours a try.

Look at it this way, less people to contend with and the bass are usually on the prowl.  I would try the old stand by clams and with the water about to spike because of the heat it would be a great time to break out the top water lures.

My choice at night would be any dark colors especially in black and makes a lot of noise. 

Sorry for the lack on reports but I have been busy with my daughters HS graduation it will be over on June 15th and I will be free to resume my passion, fishing and writing about fishing.

Good luck this weekend and be careful out in the heat.

Happy Catching

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

Offline surfrocket

« Reply #213 on: June 08, 2008, 12:01:37 PM »
Hey ped,I know of a sweet hole that has been holding fish in your area ''i think.'' Mabey we can meet up one night this week in the evening and plug it. I have alot of stuff going on this week as well,but I.m sure I can get some time to to hit the beach at night.

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #214 on: June 09, 2008, 12:18:13 AM »
Hi Surfrocket,

Maybe Tuesday, it is probably the only free night I will have till the following week.

Give me a call on the cell. 732-684-0385.

I know of a few holes as well.  I like to start at the southern end and work north unless I get a call about something hot happening.

It seems like A10 has been holding a number of good fish lately right at the sign.

Give me a call Monday some time and I will have a better idea as to a free day.

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

Offline surfrocket

« Reply #215 on: June 10, 2008, 05:11:28 PM »
Hey Paul, yeah cant tonight, just cant get it togeather, we will give it a try again soon though. Thanks for giving it a shot

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #216 on: June 10, 2008, 05:41:12 PM »
Thats OK, its is going to get real crazy here tonight with the weather.  I have been watching very closely and the NWS has not ruled out the possibility of some severe thunderstorms with high winds and hail plus the word tornado is still in their vocabulary.

We should try it for next week and see what happens.  We are going to have a house full starting Thursday I am told till Monday.  :-X

The final push...

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #217 on: June 11, 2008, 11:08:23 AM »
Hi All,

Sorry for the hearsay reports but I thought you would like to know that the fishing off the surf lately has been great. Unfortunatly I have not been able to get out very much.

They have been slamming the bass on bunker off the beaches from Lavellette to the southern end of IBSP.

Try to get out early (before sunrise) and later (an hour before sunset) till after dark.

The bunker pods have been traveling up and down the beaches being chased by big bass. 

Do your home work and work them beaches, OH YEA don't for get to let us know how you did.  Your reports are very valuable to all of us especially with the gas situation right now.  Any help would be appreciated.

Happy Catching

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #218 on: June 16, 2008, 10:12:18 AM »
Hi All,

it has been a bummer not being able to get out during this past week but I just checked in with Betty & Nicks and Grumpys and they have said that the bite off the beach has slowed during the day but the boaters and kayakers have been really been on the catch just beyond the surf.

The summer season is in full swing as the bite during the day is slow and during dusk and dawn have been the right tomes to be out there.

As far as bait, well all I can say is if the fish are there they have been feeding on bunker so anything resembling them will work.

Bunker chunks and poppers have been the key lately as a few bass have been caught on clams but the bait of choice right now is bunker.

Happy Catching

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

Offline seanr8w

« Reply #219 on: June 16, 2008, 12:24:57 PM »
Thanks for the report Paul. I tried some herring along the 3rd street Jetty in Ocean City last night and not even a nibble.  :'(
Steven Wright

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-