Author Topic: From the suds...  (Read 215770 times)

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
Re: From the suds...
« Reply #280 on: September 17, 2008, 12:48:23 PM »
Sorry, I don't usually fish up that far north!  Pretty much bluefish from the surf though, anywhere right now.  There have been some blitzes, seems to be earlier in the morning until noon time, here and there...nothing steady!  Before dark has been good too!  Occassional stripers and weakies mixed in. 

Definitely worth giving it a try!  There have been decent amounts of bait fish out there so...

Good Luck!

TT^ 

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #281 on: September 17, 2008, 04:38:20 PM »
Hitting the beach tonight.  Probably start in S. SSP like I always do and go from there.  Going to look for birds and bait and go from there.  Had a good bluefish blitz yesterday morning into the afternoon, but no reports today.  Not too many people fishing though.  Hear the ocean is loaded with bait.  Gonna give it a shot.  Will be incoming into top of the tide.  Hoping for a little bit of action.  I'll let you know when I get home later.

TT^

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #282 on: September 17, 2008, 05:03:58 PM »
I was told today that there have been large schools of blue fish tight to the beach from Deal up to Monmouth Beach. You may want to give it a try up that way.  t^
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #283 on: September 17, 2008, 08:07:11 PM »
Thanks Capt Joe for the info.  I was already out the door...and I don't kow if I would have made it up that way in time!  Anyway, lots of birds working, out of casting range and a big old skunk again!  Only out for a couple of hours and no one around me was catching anything either.  I think I am going to look for a new place to fish next time.  Need a change of scenery!!

TT^

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
« Reply #284 on: September 17, 2008, 11:46:32 PM »
It seems like the key lately is to fish bait and keep the lures in the bag.  I was over at Ortley this afternoon and the guys throwing plugs and metal were being out fished by those throwing clams, mullet and spearing.

They want the real thing, I guess because there is so much around now.  I was thinking about going out in the morning and throwing some real stuff for a while.
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #285 on: September 18, 2008, 12:59:42 AM »
Yeah...does seem those who are using bait, mostly mullet, are getting a few fish here and there!  I don't have the patience to sit still and dead stick!  Just doesn't feel like fishing to me!  I like to move around a lot and cast hundreds of times.  Especially when I am out there alone.  If I am with a group or my wife and kids comes out, I don't mind just sand spiking it and waiting!  This definitely leads to me catching less fish when I go out!  Which doesn't bother me...however, I am looking forward to some good action in the very near future...need my catching fix and I will be good for the rest of the winter!!

TT^

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #286 on: September 18, 2008, 01:06:38 AM »
I agree but I do not like to dead stick either that is why I use a lighter wither than normal.  I figure what way the wave action is towing the weight and allow that to work in my favor.  I cast out and allow the bait to be dragged along slowly in a fan effect and if that does not work I move on to the next hole.  Usually I will find some one home eventually.

IN GOD WE TRUST

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #287 on: September 18, 2008, 01:13:37 AM »
That's a really good technique!!  Certainly covers a lot more ground.

TT^

Offline Greg7

« Reply #288 on: September 18, 2008, 11:40:09 PM »
Finally got my reel yesterday! Shimano Spheros 5000fa. Cant wait to actually get out and use my new setup.

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #289 on: September 19, 2008, 12:00:28 AM »
Good going on your new outfit Greg, now break it in right, catch, catch, and catch some more.

IN GOD WE TRUST

Offline Greg7

« Reply #290 on: September 19, 2008, 12:32:54 AM »
I hope! t^

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #291 on: September 19, 2008, 12:38:19 AM »
Nice!!  Good luck!!

TT^

Offline Rick,stillcasting

« Reply #292 on: September 19, 2008, 09:25:39 PM »
haven't posted in a while,, but just to share I've been getting out,,and have been catching bass,not everytime!, all on teaser,black has been my magic,night,So I walk up to my buddy,shows me a straightened teaser hook,said it was hefty w/ a few good runs,changed teaser,he made a few more casts I along side him to watch him get its' sister on teaser about 18-20lbs,catch/pic/release-- happiness,,fish the rocks,,I believe w/ this cold movement, all the bait,Mantauk region going crazy, fish are on the move and time spent in the following days may be productive,our time is arriving,yippeee!

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #293 on: September 19, 2008, 09:31:59 PM »
Great report and nice catching!!

TT^

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #294 on: September 20, 2008, 04:21:21 PM »
Thanks Rick for the post.  I will be going down to the inlet on Monday to hit the pocket I hear that they are hitting them pretty good there, but over the weekend the land yachts are all huddled there and it is hard to get through.

That's OK I can wait till then.
IN GOD WE TRUST

Offline Bobby Wilds

• AKA abitskrewd
« Reply #295 on: September 21, 2008, 12:29:48 PM »
well, i got a lil later start then i wanted to this morning, thanks to guiness and a bottle of vodka last night.  headed to the hook and got there around 0530.  brought out my new rod and reel along with some freshly tied teasers.  started working around south beach area on a low tide.  hooked up with my first striper of the fall, on the last day of the summer.  he was only about 22, but still fun to catch on a teaser you tied yourself, which actually happens more than the lures.
after that, not much action going on.  did see an all out blitz as i was leaving the park, to the south, which happens to fall in seabright.  and i drove for a lil, and everything there was posted as no parking and private beach property.
whats up with that?

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #296 on: September 21, 2008, 12:56:12 PM »
Nice report and nice catch!  It is certainly very fun and I think more rewarding to catch a fish on something you made.  Tying teasers is a lot of fun.  There are a bunch of guys on the list that tie.  I have just gotten back into fishing this May and have to reacquire some supplies to tie this winter.  There is an entire thread dedicated to this.  Check it out if you get a chance...lots of nice patterns and teasers!

It is kind of funny in a twisted way that the beaches are all marked that way!.  The private property controls beach access.  So they don't allow you onto the beach, however, if you do get onto the beach, as long as you are down by the surf, you are allowed to fish there.  They can't own the beach, but they can own the dunes and control getting on.  There are places in Ocean County too that are the same way.  I guess the beachfront property owners figure if they block your access then no one will be on the beach in front of their houses!  In Ocean County there are areas in South Seaside Park, parts of Toms River Township Beaches such as Ocean Beach, etc.., parts of Normandy Beach, Mantoloking, and Bay Head that do the same thing.  Private Beach Access and private parking.  Pretty ridiculous, but just another way they try to keep sportsmen away!

I actually walked down on the "Private Beach" area in South Seaside Park the other day I was out fishing and the leather skinned lady sunbathing gave me some nasty looks, as though I had just walked through her front door and broke into her house!!

TT^

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #297 on: September 21, 2008, 07:04:08 PM »
Yup, private beaches. They are the same damn people who want to state (us taxpayers) to replenish the sand when it gets washed away or fix their damn house when it gets damaged by a storm. I say, tear all the houses down that are on the beach and have it free for everyone.  rgmn rgmn rgmn

Oh, BTW nice catch.  ;D
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline salt shaker

• Full Member of the Den
« Reply #298 on: September 21, 2008, 08:18:04 PM »
Looked up the "public trust for NJ" goes back as far as roman rule.  No one can own the beach and it must be accessible to the people.  Interesting, and they have to provide a place of access and not two miles etc apart...you are allowed I think (long time since I read it) 10 feet above the high water mark.... salt

Offline Bobby Wilds

• AKA abitskrewd
« Reply #299 on: September 21, 2008, 08:19:58 PM »
now, back to beach access.  i know just a lil further down the road in monmouth beach, you can access the beach legally and they provide parking for you.  how is it that they can legally stop you from accessing the beach?  there is a huge break-wall along the road, as well as them not even living on the ocean side of the street.  does that technically mean that they own the road?  j/k.....but it they own the beach, then they should be replenishing it themselves, as well as fixing the road and maintaining the break-wall......

just a little rant because of the complex stupidity of some people.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-