Author Topic: Trout fishing lilly pond in PA.. 4 1/2 pound rainbow  (Read 13509 times)

Offline fishon42

• Super Hero Member
  • Salmon On
    • Facebook
Trout fishing lilly pond in PA.. 4 1/2 pound rainbow
« on: April 22, 2014, 07:48:29 PM »
Been fishing there bunch of days in last few weeks.. some day catch 1, others catch like 8. Got my limit yesterday and got my limit today. Caught a 4 1/2 pound rainbow yesterday was awesome. Actually getting it mounted. 320$. Crazy! But it is a sweet looking fish. Only 20 inches long but the girth on this baby was sweet. In freezer now, taxidermy on thursday.

It sucked in a rainbow power bait. 6 pound leader line, egg sinker hooked up above the swivel, on 10 pound braid line. I get way to the hell out there when I cast. Right in rod holder... Looked like a striper hit from the surf , went right down parrallel with the ground tip almost to water. Set hook and fish was on.

Also caught others all around 10-12 inches. Filleted them up like a perch, instead of gutting them. Filleted them and cut out the bones, got a crap load of pieces of meat and they are soaking in the fridge in minced garlic, honey teriyaki marinade, and brown sugar. YUMMMMMMMMM.

By the way that crappie died in the koi pond =( so I filleted him up today and hes in there marinating as well. What meat came off that baby. He had to be 12+ inches long.

fish on! clp chrz chrz chrz chrz t^
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 07:01:31 AM by fishon42 »
Give a man a fish, and he can eat for a day. But teach a man how to fish, and he'll be dead of mercury poisoning inside of three years.

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
Re: Trout fishing lilly pond in PA.. 4 1/2 pound rainbow
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2014, 12:13:32 PM »
Nice looking fish. t^
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline bugmannj

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2014, 02:56:54 PM »
Is that the Lilly Pond out by Naticoke? If its the same one I caught a 6 Lb. rainbow out of there aboout 6 years ago. Nice place, My brother lives in Shickshinny .
Good things come to those who bait

Builds and repairs rods if needed

Offline fishon42

• Super Hero Member
  • Salmon On
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2014, 04:46:26 PM »
Is that the Lilly Pond out by Naticoke? If its the same one I caught a 6 Lb. rainbow out of there aboout 6 years ago. Nice place, My brother lives in Shickshinny .

Hey bugmannj,
 This is off route 6 in Milford ... I think you may be speaking of a different one. They are stocking 5-8 pounders in here for the kids derby first week of May. Will be hammering that pond for a few days straight after the derby, maybe get a bigger for the wall.  slt
Give a man a fish, and he can eat for a day. But teach a man how to fish, and he'll be dead of mercury poisoning inside of three years.

Offline Salty Dog

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2014, 08:28:38 PM »
Nice Going ! Fun on that light tackle . chrz

Offline fluke - u

• Super Hero Member
  • Owner @ Fluke-U Charters
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2014, 09:08:37 AM »
 t^
I support our sponsors !
Success is getting what you want.
Happiness is wanting what you get.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-