Author Topic: Penn Sargus or conflict  (Read 5642 times)

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
Penn Sargus or conflict
« on: April 24, 2014, 11:55:36 PM »
Anyone have an opinion of either of these reels, need to match a reel for the rod Treebeard spun for me, looking probably for either in the 3000- 4000 sizes. pros, cons, problems. most important retrieve and weight as the rod is going to be for fluke jigging. Thanks
Its better to sit in a boat and think about God, than to sit in a church and think about fishing.

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
Re: Penn Sargus or conflict
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2014, 01:21:18 AM »
If I were looking for a new, small, inshore spinner (and had the money) I would get a Shimano Ci4+.  t^

The new Canyon DJR 3500 is sharp, but it's more of a medium than a small.

I have a Shimano Saros 2500/3000 size (which retails for about as much as the Conflict). It's lightweight yet powerful for a little reel. I have it matched to a 7' medium action St Croix and love it for throwing plastics and small swimmers to stripers and bucktailing fluke. 

So, I guess my answer to your question about those two Penn reels would be, "neither".   ;D

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
Re: Penn Sargus or conflict
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2014, 02:45:04 AM »
Thanks Bob Ill look into the Saros,  t^
Its better to sit in a boat and think about God, than to sit in a church and think about fishing.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-