Author Topic: new member intro  (Read 7483 times)

Offline fishingum

new member intro
« on: May 07, 2014, 06:47:00 AM »
Hi guys. Just  like to say hello from south africa.Been surfing the net for any info on reading the surf and found ur site; t^ I practice all facets of angling salt/fresh including boat fishing any chance i get and always trying to learn from fellow fishers.
Thanks for the opportunity to join

Offline Kenny

• Super Hero Member
  • My Fishing Buddie !
Re: new member intro
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2014, 08:41:50 AM »
South Africa  :headscra:   Seems a little fishy to me......

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2014, 12:17:53 PM »
 pcrn
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2014, 01:26:31 PM »
Most if our visitors from your region come here to spam
Very interesting if your not here for that. Tell us about you type of fishjng there. Would be very neat to hear. 

Offline Still Running

• AKA-Rick(Dieselhp)
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
    • truck parts
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2014, 08:35:56 AM »
 wa
Fishing Sandy Hook and anywhere I can get on a boat.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife sells all of my fishing tackle for what she thinks I paid for it!
Www.HNCTruckParts.com

Offline wb

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2014, 10:02:55 AM »
now that's a long trip...

welcome, and what are the fluke regs over there?   rofla

Offline fishingum

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2014, 11:39:03 AM »
Hello again.Wow ,warm welcome hot rod.shrug. Sorry about some of ur suspicions. I'm really surprised at ur comment about spam as generally s/african hunters/fisherman are a great bunch and don't bother with that type of thing.
We are very fortunate to have both the indian and atlantic oceans along our shoreline .
Saltwater fishing here was good during the summer with a lot of pelagics and billfish caught and released however the size fish caught in general are smaller than they used to be. Lots of sharks around so most fish hooked from the boat  get taxed and don't get landed.We think it's because of the jap longliners that were given fishing licences to fish our waters  rgmn .so the blackfin sharks can't get any more feed and have learnt to follow our boats.We are hoping for a cold winter so that the annual sardine run can occur.For those that don't know,its when at the cold water from the atlantic moves up the coastline along the warm indian ocean thus allowing millions of sardines to migrate up the coastline close to our beautiful beaches .Behind these fish are all the predators ;what a spectacle!
We are getting into autumn now and that brings along the hunting season so my boys and i are storing away the fishing tackle and spending weekends at the shooting range preparing for the next couple of hunts.We are blessed with many different animals in our country.We generally hunt kudu ,impala,gems buck and eland .Most of the meat is used to make biltong{i think u guys call it jerky}
Pertaining to Kenny's fishy remark;hehe .I might have come across ur site by mistake while searching the web for info regarding fishing from the beach as i am still learning about holes,gullies ,rips etc. and i found the article informative and helpful.
I would like u guys to join our local fishing forums as well for a wealth of knowledge pertaining to our fishing styles.
If the administrator of njsaltwater does not object than i will gladly post the web address i am sure that all will be warmly received.
Bye for now.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 12:31:24 PM by fishingum »

Offline fishingum

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2014, 12:01:24 PM »
Hi and thanks for the welcome..Fluke are not really a target species however i come across them[always very small sizes] regularly in the shallows along the beaches and are caught mainly  by  local subsistence fisherman  using nets in mozambique which is the country bordering ours about 400km from where i live in johannesburg.Mozambique is like a sister country to us and lots of s/africans own homes and holiday there.I don't think the fluke/flounder are regulated here.                                           of
now that's a long trip...

welcome, and what are the fluke regs over there?   rofla
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 12:28:20 PM by fishingum »

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2014, 12:15:25 PM »
Very interesting,  Welcome to NJSWF!! grtn
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline fluke - u

• Super Hero Member
  • Owner @ Fluke-U Charters
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2014, 12:38:36 PM »
 wa 
I support our sponsors !
Success is getting what you want.
Happiness is wanting what you get.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-