Author Topic: Old but New looking for a couple capts @ SRI  (Read 5297 times)

Offline On The Rocks

• Full Member of the Den
Old but New looking for a couple capts @ SRI
« on: May 13, 2014, 09:23:38 AM »
Hello everyone . My name is Rob  from ( On the Rocks ).Ive been reading and following you guys for a couple of years , but never regestered . So here i am . I am running a 2150 ROBOLO WALKAROUND . I am getting ready to head to shark river for our 9th annul striper trip  next week Monday till  Thursday    . It seems like    everyone on here is willing to help each other to do one thing  ...catch fish !!!!   I was looking for a couple capt to swap # with to give or get on the water reports Or off the water . We fish north and south of shark river Inlet. Hopfully  we can shread the water together . Thanks and Tight lines !! Rob

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Old but New looking for a couple capts @ SRI
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2014, 10:02:29 AM »
Hi Rob, I run out of Shark River, however, my boat is still high and dry. Late start for me this year. I'm getting my fuel tank replaced and should be done shortly. When I do hit the water can share numbers with you.

I am usually out 4-6 days a week. Will you be at Shark River only for the week or will you be there during the season?

Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline sealife

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2014, 03:40:48 PM »
I am also in shark river.  Got the boat there today.  River is filled with dead bunker, there must be 10,000 or more that died.  Different marina than Joe.  Where are you keeping the boat?

Offline On The Rocks

• Full Member of the Den
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2014, 06:03:06 PM »
we are renting a trans slip at the belmar marina . right across from the belmar motor lodge  . Right next to where all the head boats are .   

Offline Pops Soul

• SKIP <*}}}><
  • Super Hero Member
  • SKIP <*}}}><
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2014, 09:18:11 PM »
Hi Rob, I'm also in Shark River, hoping to splash the boat this Friday. I am out of Seaport Marina (the old AP's inlet marina).
Hi Rob, I run out of Shark River, however, my boat is still high and dry. Late start for me this year. I'm getting my fuel tank replaced and should be done shortly. When I do hit the water can share numbers with you.

I am usually out 4-6 days a week. Will you be at Shark River only for the week or will you be there during the season?
Hey Joe I made a run down to the marina tonight, I checked your slip....... cfzd.  It's filled with CRAB BAIT. fcp hhppy hhppy

It's Not A Knot Until You Pull It Tight!

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2014, 08:34:27 AM »
 ;D

Offline SHARKBITE

• Shark Bite Bucktails
  • Sponsor
  • Super Hero Member
    • Shark Bite Bucktails
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2014, 08:43:42 AM »
Rob, I have a boat up there and run out of SRI but currently in FLA. Are you staying in Belmar area or using a transient slip temporarily? Good luck, just saw one of the Striper tourney's was  cancelled for this weekend, hopefully not the one you are in..

Mike

Offline Adam W.

• Full Member of the Den
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2014, 08:57:28 AM »
What's up Rob, I just went out for a pm trip Monday , it was snotty, got covered in blues from 25-55 feet, didn't hang around for sunset bite... You best bet is to start looking off asbury and heading north up to the rocks, usually around now you don't have to go as far as the rocks,just hang in the 40 - 60 foot depths, they should be crashing bunker all over shortly

Bad Habit
Ch. 65
Seaport marina - north side
"I hear banjos, paddle faster!!"

Offline On The Rocks

• Full Member of the Den
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2014, 11:44:33 AM »
Thanks guys for all the responses . We are just there for 4 days monday the 19 th till thursday morn the 22 . We have been doing this trip for 9 years . And every year we learn somthing new  rgmn.Thanks Adam for that Info i kinda figured from the reports that was what was going on up there at the rocks . Do you know what color stretches are working the best  ? Iam hoping the  bunker bite will start !!! Not a big fan of trolling . Love to snagg and drop !! Counting the days and cant  wait!!!!

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-