Author Topic: Pops Soul Saturday Blues  (Read 3001 times)

Offline Pops Soul

• SKIP <*}}}><
  • Super Hero Member
  • SKIP <*}}}><
Pops Soul Saturday Blues
« on: October 21, 2007, 12:27:45 AM »
Left the Marina around 11:30 am. We had a 15 to 20 kn WSW wind with gust to 30 kt and an incoming tide. There were not a lot of boats on the ocean today out of Shark River, I think when they pulled up to the Ocean ave. bridge an seen the inlet they were scared off ( Picture 1) with waves crashing the jetties. Once you got outside it was nice,
(picture 2) there was a light chop, with big 5 to 6 foot slow rollers kind of like driving a mountain road, we headed north and was able to run wide open over those big rollers to the Red Church area for an attempt at some Sea Bass. The wife and I tried a drift through the area with not a nibble because of such a fast drift and didn't feel like anchoring with such strong winds. I seen a boat on the troll and hooked up with 2 alligator blues no more then 40 yards away from us. We tried jigging the area with no luck, so on the troll we went. We hooked up in no time w00t, with the wife fighting the fish and 2 quick jumps w0w (that was so awlsome) it threw the spoon. SO we trolled our way back to the inlet and lost several fish and ended up with 2 in the box. The water was dirty from the storms close to shore, it was a good day for surfers, it was a GREAT day to be on the water t^ Water temp 64 degrees boys  w00t were getting there guys. I heard of 1 small striper about 18 inches being caught in the south pocket of the inlet jetty. We will be out again tomorrow. TT^
It's Not A Knot Until You Pull It Tight!

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Pops Soul Saturday Blues
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2007, 12:40:22 AM »
Nice report Skip and great pics.  That's some wild water crashing up on the beach.   t^
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline mboy

• The Funky Munky
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2007, 07:07:44 AM »
Nice job Skippy!

Offline Ramtough

• The Hunt Is On!!!!!
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2007, 11:09:06 AM »
Left the Marina around 11:30 am. We had a 15 to 20 kn WSW wind with gust to 30 kt and an incoming tide. There were not a lot of boats on the ocean today out of Shark River, I think when they pulled up to the Ocean ave. bridge an seen the inlet they were scared off ( Picture 1) with waves crashing the jetties. Once you got outside it was nice,
(picture 2) there was a light chop, with big 5 to 6 foot slow rollers kind of like driving a mountain road, we headed north and was able to run wide open over those big rollers to the Red Church area for an attempt at some Sea Bass. The wife and I tried a drift through the area with not a nibble because of such a fast drift and didn't feel like anchoring with such strong winds. I seen a boat on the troll and hooked up with 2 alligator blues no more then 40 yards away from us. We tried jigging the area with no luck, so on the troll we went. We hooked up in no time w00t, with the wife fighting the fish and 2 quick jumps w0w (that was so awlsome) it threw the spoon. SO we trolled our way back to the inlet and lost several fish and ended up with 2 in the box. The water was dirty from the storms close to shore, it was a good day for surfers, it was a GREAT day to be on the water t^ Water temp 64 degrees boys  w00t were getting there guys. I heard of 1 small striper about 18 inches being caught in the south pocket of the inlet jetty. We will be out again tomorrow. TT^
Way to go Skip,get those blues out of the way so I can hit those stripes next weekend.....Great Pics too!!!!!
23' Sea Hunt w/aCuddy Yamaha 150 4 Stroke
Based At Neptune Marina in Shark River,NJ

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2007, 11:55:11 AM »
Great Report!.  Awesome Pictures w00t

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2007, 03:14:19 PM »
nice day.. nice size blue also
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2007, 12:04:58 AM »
Nice report and I love those photos... TT^

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline fishinfool

• Facebook Page
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2007, 10:38:26 AM »
Wow.. great report and pics POPS!!  TT^
« Last Edit: October 22, 2007, 10:57:45 AM by fishinfool »

Offline Treebeard

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2007, 10:54:47 AM »
Very nice report and pics..thanks !  t^

Offline djtdmd

• Vessel "SCORPIO"
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2007, 11:42:50 AM »
2 Questions- Did you see any birds when you decided to troll, and what exactly did you troll with and how fast? Thanks

Offline wb

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2007, 12:45:42 PM »
Nice pics looks like lots of boat time this wkend for you...

Offline Pops Soul

• SKIP <*}}}><
  • Super Hero Member
  • SKIP <*}}}><
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2007, 12:48:54 PM »
DJ No I did not see any birds working or chaseing bait. I have been trolling Crocadile spoons with a 3oz trolling drail. Trolling Blues I run anywhere from 3 1/2 to 5 knots. I also have been having luck with hooking up with diamond jigs with green tubes. I have been finding fish from the beach to the Sea Girt reef. Hope this helps you out t^
It's Not A Knot Until You Pull It Tight!

Offline djtdmd

• Vessel "SCORPIO"
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2007, 08:46:17 PM »
Thanks, appreciate it!

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-