Author Topic: FISHERMEN/FRIDAYS UPDATE REPORT....  (Read 996 times)

Offline 1captainron

• Sponsor
    • Capt Ron's Fishermen
FISHERMEN/FRIDAYS UPDATE REPORT....
« on: June 27, 2014, 05:52:43 PM »
The past couple of days we have been in search mode. Had to get away from the bay hoping to find some better life.

We've looked offshore, inshore and down the beach. Offshore, we never had a drift and only caught a few fish along with some Sea Bass, fished down the beach yesterday and had some action on the shorts with a few keepers mixed in. Went back there today and naturally, not much of a float and a heave took it's toll on the action.

Will start working the channels tomorrow, with the last of the incoming we should have some good conditions to fish there. July normally starts to produce more fluke in many of the area's we have been fishing, I guess I have to follow my own advise and say "Patience" it will happen!!!

Capt. Dan starts the evening Porgie, Croaker and bottom fishing trips tonight (Friday). These trips are great for the family, lot's of action and you get to bring home some great eating fish.

Night Trips sail Monday-Saturday 6:30pm till 11:30pm and Sunday afternoon 3:30pm till 9:00pm. The fare is $55.

Contact Capt. Dan at 908-930-2335 if you'd like further information on those trips.

Thanks for Checking in!!

Capt. Ron

Offline njbob49

• Cod caught on the "Stick"
Re: FISHERMEN/FRIDAYS UPDATE REPORT....
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2014, 06:36:52 PM »
Thanks for the HONEST report Captain Ron. slt You always tell about the good trips and the bad trips. Better days are ahead for you I hope.  t^

Now that the size limits for fluke are the same for both states, have you noticed the NY boats fishing in NJ waters, or just the opposite for NJ boats? Many years ago we use to have great fluking by Old Orchard LH and Great Kills Harbor. We also caught some really nice fluke by Hoffman and Swinburne Islands when you had the right drift.

Tight Lines,
Bob G  chrz  slt

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-