Author Topic: Night fishin made easy..well easier..  (Read 1545 times)

Offline Tonyc1

• TonyC1
Night fishin made easy..well easier..
« on: June 29, 2014, 01:27:48 PM »
If you are getting old like I am you have trouble tying knots & untangling wind knots at night.  You need to try fluorescent line with a blacklight headlamp..the line glows like a rope..easierto tie than during daylight.  If you use a chartruese jighead like I do dbl bonus it glows aswell & is easy to thread on the line.  I use trilene excel line..17lb test and have not hook a fish that can break it..have had two rods snap in half with 30-40lb rays but the line has always held.  I also use Sluggos almost exclusively & don't know why I carry anything else.If I am not getting hits on it I never seem to catch anything on all my backup lures.  Use of a 3/8 oz jighead is best as it allows the sluggo to dart lft & rt as you work it in.  Have caught every species in nj on this lure.

Forgot to mention..makes fishing from a rockpile at night much easier since you can see your line almost to the water & thus avoid the rocks.  Go get em!
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 08:25:10 PM by Tonyc1 »
SLUGGOS RULE!!!

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-