Author Topic: Blowfishing spots  (Read 14635 times)

Offline Nickoe

Blowfishing spots
« on: July 06, 2014, 11:17:35 AM »
Hey everyone I am new here and I am wondering if anyone has any good blow fishing spots. I do not have a boat so it would have to be from a dock or land. I live in monmouth county nj so I would like it to be around by me.

Thanks

Offline Takes Prizoners

• Super Hero Member
Re: Blowfishing spots
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2014, 11:58:03 AM »
haven't heard much about blowfish this year but last year I saw nothing but schools and schools of puffers in the Manasquan inlet

Offline Nickoe

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2014, 11:59:12 AM »
Were you on the jetties?

Offline Nickoe

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2014, 04:10:02 PM »
Has anyone ever caught a blowfish at route 70 bridge?

Offline Takes Prizoners

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2014, 05:47:07 PM »
I was right on the wall on the PP side

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2014, 06:49:00 PM »
Has anyone ever caught a blowfish at route 70 bridge?

I hear that is a good area.." from boat tho"

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2014, 05:49:42 AM »
Tetraodontidae is a family of primarily marine and estuarine fish of the order Tetraodontiformes. The family includes many familiar species, which are variously called pufferfish, puffers, balloonfish, blowfish, bubblefish, globefish, swellfish, toadfish, toadies, honey toads, sugar toads, and sea squab.[1] They are morphologically similar to the closely related porcupinefish, which have large external spines (unlike the thinner, hidden spines of Tetraodontidae, which are only visible when the fish has puffed up). The scientific name refers to the four large teeth, fused into an upper and lower plate, which are used for crushing the shells of crustaceans and mollusks, their natural prey.

Pufferfish are generally believed to be the second-most poisonous vertebrates in the world, after the golden poison frog. Certain internal organs, such as liver, and sometimes the skin, contain tetrodotoxin and are highly toxic to most animals when eaten; nevertheless, the meat of some species is considered a delicacy in Japan (as 河豚, pronounced as fugu), Korea (as 복 bok or 복어 bogeo ), and China (as 河豚 hétún) when prepared by specially trained chefs who know which part is safe to eat and in what quantity.

The Tetraodontidae contain at least 120 species of puffers in 19 genera.[1] They are most diverse in the tropics, relatively uncommon in the temperate zone, and completely absent from cold waters. They are typically small to medium in size, although a few species can reach lengths of greater than 100 cm (39 in).[2]
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 05:52:47 AM by Hunter 2 »
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline Nickoe

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2014, 09:37:05 AM »
Thanks for all the replies.... I am just going to try to fish off the dock at rt 70 bridge while I am crabbing

Offline gymrat987654321

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2014, 03:19:43 PM »
I've caught them at the Mantoloking Bridge before. But that was around labor day weekend a few years ago. That was the one and only time I was ever able to find them.

Offline Ronnie

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2014, 06:37:24 PM »
Any update/news on blow fish?

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-