Author Topic: Location Location Location  (Read 1356 times)

Offline kylethomas128

Location Location Location
« on: July 08, 2014, 07:50:14 AM »
   Hello,
It has recently occurred to me that my Pennsylvania home is within day tripping distance of the ocean.  This is really cool to me as i grew up 2000 miles from either coast.

Anyways, i want to take a crack at shore fishing and clam digging.  What i am looking for is a good shore location to try it out. 

Does anyone know of  any good remote spots? really all i need is an access road, i have a 4WD jeep. somewhere i can go with the kids for the day and experiment without a lot of onlookers.

Thank you for any ideas ad for your time.

Offline cricker

Re: Location Location Location
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 07:49:23 AM »
it is nearly impossible to get away from people at the jersey shore especially without a boat, theres some creeks that feed into the delaware bay where you can avoid people and catch crabs, clams, and fish but you need a boat, you might want to think about getting a  jon boat or something if your interested in clamming or crabbing with the kids

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 09:09:30 AM »
You can rent a small boat with a motor at Browns Point Marina in Keyport NJ.  Good crabbing and fishing close by.
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline kylethomas128

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2014, 02:20:49 PM »
Yeah thanks for the tip, a boat is definitely in my long term plan. I guess until then I cant be too picky.

What about Cooks Beach. has anyone fished there? if so whats it like

Offline cricker

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2014, 02:43:49 PM »
whats the closest shore point to you, it might help people give you pointers if they know where your going

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-