Author Topic: New Forumite  (Read 3884 times)

Offline FrankStar

• Full Member of the Den
New Forumite
« on: July 09, 2014, 09:23:03 AM »
I'm Frank.  I'm intending to get back into fishing after a fairly lengthy absence.

I used to fish the Ocean City 59th Street Pier (RIP) and my family would do a few charters every year.  I'm from Philadelphia, but have lived in various places overseas and around the country.    I moved back to Philly a few years ago.

I used to fish off the pier and surf with an 11-foot one piece custom rod that my uncle made from a Harnell blank with either a Penn 750 SS or a Daiwa 7000 reel.  My boat setup was a 5-foot one-piece with a Penn reel.  I think it was a Squidder.  Obviously, this was all in the '70s.  I went into the Air Force in 1982, and haven't had much fishing time since.

Sadly, all my gear is long gone so I'll have to start from scratch.

I'm glad I found this place through a Google search and look forward to participating.

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
Re: New Forumite
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 10:42:37 AM »
 slt    Welcome back
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 12:11:15 PM »
Hi Frank,  Look forward to your input here t^

Offline FrankStar

• Full Member of the Den
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2014, 12:15:22 PM »
Quick question:  Does anyone know if there are any party (open) boats that operate out of Atlantic City other than the back-bay High Roller?  I'm not a driver, so I'd take the train.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-