Author Topic: Sea wall goes up in Mantoloking  (Read 829 times)

Offline njbob49

• Cod caught on the "Stick"
Sea wall goes up in Mantoloking
« on: July 11, 2014, 09:42:22 AM »
The stupidity to think they we can stop Mother Nature continues.  rgmn Lets spend $23.8 million to protect the homes of mostly rich people. I know they will never let us on "THEIR" beach.

sea wall link

While reading this story they mentioned a historic Herring Inlet in the 18th century which I had never heard of. I Googled it and found a very interesting article about how the inlets locations have changed in that area of the NJ Coast over the last couple of centuries.

Historic Herring Inlet link

Mother Nature can not be controlled along the coast no matter what we try.  nts  :headscra: They are called "barrier islands" for a reason.

Tight Lines,
Bob G  chrz  slt
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 09:45:08 AM by njbob49 »

Offline cricker

Re: Sea wall goes up in Mantoloking
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2014, 08:13:29 AM »
i wonder how much it would help stop the degradation of barnegat bay if one of these historic inlets was allowed to remain open, the fingers keep getting pointed at fertilizers which im sure dont help, but if the bay was able to replenish itself with ocean water more often it would probably go along way towards keeping the temp from getting too high and keeping more oxygen in the water

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-