Author Topic: Shark fishing the Mud Hole BA Buoy fishing trip questions?  (Read 2808 times)

Offline badoriva

Shark fishing the Mud Hole BA Buoy fishing trip questions?
« on: July 23, 2014, 02:49:04 PM »
Hello all. picked up a 24 ft 2009 Robalo walk around this year. Just did my semi off shore trip last weekend to the BA Buoy which I believe is the beginning of the mud hole. I was hoping to hook into a shark. Did a whole bunch of online reading about tackle and baits etc....

I went out there with a  bucket of frozen Bunker chum and some fresh bunker hoping to at the very least attract some Blues and them use some Blues filet for shark bait. after 4 hour of drifting at the BA buoy with my chum bucket, not only did I not catch a shark (saw just one small shark all day) I didn't even attract any Blues. I did attract a bunch of sea birds thought lol.  Did I do something wrong? Should I have done something different? or was that just my luck that day?

Any advice on shark fishing would be greatly appreciated! Oh by the way, I'm not looking to boat any sharks. I would just leader/release whatever I caught.

PS. I dock at Morgan Marina. If anyone ever wants to "buddy boat" out there one day just let me know.

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
Re: Shark fishing the Mud Hole BA Buoy fishing trip questions?
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014, 06:20:48 PM »
Did you find the blue water or temperature change?  Also need to find structure or some kind of drop off/wreck . Looks for bait pods etc..  Good Luck and keep trying. t^
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline Fisherman120

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2014, 09:09:36 PM »
You're in a good spot, just find the dropoff and you'll get them soon  t^

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2014, 09:14:23 PM »
 wts

Shark fishing is always a crap shoot. Some days you will be kept busy all day, some days you will fall asleep from the boredom.
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-