Author Topic: FISH STIX - 8/16 FSOS & 8/17 Fluke  (Read 680 times)

Offline Capt. Kris

• Fish Stix Charter Fishing
  • Sponsor
    • Fish Stix Charter Fishing
FISH STIX - 8/16 FSOS & 8/17 Fluke
« on: August 18, 2014, 08:43:07 AM »
Saturday 8/16 we had Bob Longs charter for the FSOS Fluke Tourny. Headed out bright and early before the fish even woke up. Started out slow, then steady with one or two really good short drifts boxing 5 keepers each time. Then the rest of the day was a struggle finding and kind of big ones for the scale. Some quality fish but nothing over 7lbs for us. Great crew and some great times as always with these guys. They managed 25 keepers for the 6 of them.

Sunday 8/17 we had John Hunters charter for fluke. Went right back to where we have had good life. Today looked ok, but the keeps were hard to come by. Ran out east to take a peek but no good. Stuck around the area in tough conditions and the 5 man crew caught a fair amount of shorts, boxed only 7 keepers and 2 knucklehead Seabass for their efforts today. But I'll tell you what, these guys were lifetime friends and boy did it show. I never laughed so hard. They made a tough trip fly by. I'm never happy on slow trips, but as long as the crew has a great day, I can smile a little bit.

OPEN BOAT ALL WEDNESDAY, THURSDAY & FRIDAY.

Capt Kris

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-