Author Topic: Mantaloking bridge 8-20-14  (Read 10755 times)

Offline bayonne

Mantaloking bridge 8-20-14
« on: August 21, 2014, 01:53:56 PM »
hit the bridge with 8 traps from 630 am-630 pm caught a couple of hundred crabs but only 3-4 dozen were keepers including females most were just keepers and 5 in and a couple were big 6-7 in hard day of crabbing
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 12:10:03 PM by bayonne »

Offline fluke - u

• Super Hero Member
  • Owner @ Fluke-U Charters
Re: Mantoloking bridge 8-20-14
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2014, 05:26:25 PM »
 t^
I support our sponsors !
Success is getting what you want.
Happiness is wanting what you get.

Offline Eng 94

• When the going gets tough the tough get going
Re: Mantaloking bridge 8-20-14
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2014, 02:55:39 PM »
I know plenty of people tell there war stories on how fishing and crabbing was back when. Well here is my experience since 1956 in the shore and inland bays.

The Manasquan and Metedeconk were always loaded with good crab, never a bad day of crabbing....you would always come home with a peach basket of Blue Claws. Claming in the Barnegate Bay was great. Fishing these areas was just as bountiful. Not now though! What people are calling a good day today to me is a joke....at the risk of sounding snobby. I'm not trying to be though,just honest as I see it. It's a shame how fishing and crabbing has changed so much in our area...I don't know the entire reason but a lot has to do with past environmental issues with pollution and some poor fisheries management. We are all paying for it in one way or the other. Lets hope someone comes up with the right answer....so far I'm not so impressed with the DEP approach. Sorry to get on a soap box here,but I tired as hell seeing what is happening to our shore and inland waters.     
I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everybody

Offline Reefsquatter

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2014, 08:31:32 AM »
It is just a little different now, can still dig up a limit of clams with some effort, and the crabbing was really good on the west side this year, bushels were the norm. Just got to look a little harder that's all.

Offline Eng 94

• When the going gets tough the tough get going
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2014, 10:43:10 AM »
Yes that is true, trouble is us oldtimers were spoiled. I think fishing is coming back very slowly. Wish I was younger and in better shape so I could get around a little better, I'm sure that would make a difference....so would a boat.
I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everybody

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-