Author Topic: FISH STIX - Late Reports  (Read 1571 times)

Offline Capt. Kris

• Fish Stix Charter Fishing
  • Sponsor
    • Fish Stix Charter Fishing
FISH STIX - Late Reports
« on: August 25, 2014, 08:20:22 PM »
Wednesday 8/20 ran open with a six man crew. Tough fishing for all of us except Scott who caught his limit to about 7lbs on his first trip of the season. Problem was, we caught only 9 keepers and a mahi for the day.

Thursday 8/21 we had Jay and Eric (dads) and three 6 year old kids, Anna, Ava and Spencer for a 3 hour bottom trip. Poor Ava was sick the entire time :(. Didn't see any life inshore, seabass wise, so headed deep to a wreck and it wasn't much better at all. The silver eel bite was good for the kiddos, caught 8 of them. Anna jacked 4 knucklehead seabass and spencer pulled in a 6 lb fluke! Finished the trip with 5 seabass, 1 fluke and a ling.

Monday 8/25 had Mikes charter with some friends and some out of towners for some fluke. Well, was expecting the fishing to be better for us. The keepers were very tough to find today. Loads of shorts with only 5 keepers and a few seabass for the box. Just couldn't get it done today. I don't know....

Some crap fishing the past few trips.

Sorry no pics.

OPEN BOAT FRIDAY 8/29.

Capt Kris

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
Re: FISH STIX - Late Reports
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 09:11:18 AM »
 t^
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline fluke - u

• Super Hero Member
  • Owner @ Fluke-U Charters
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2014, 09:31:41 AM »
 t^ ...... chrz
I support our sponsors !
Success is getting what you want.
Happiness is wanting what you get.

Offline wb

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2014, 11:21:37 AM »
Nice Kris, I know you hit it hard.

At least you're not one of those who only post stellar reports. Obviously those guys don't "post the bad and the good" because all they show is piles of fish, all the time, never a bad or even iffy day....

smells fishy to me.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-