Author Topic: NJ yaker's where are you?  (Read 15202 times)

Offline JBlazeRx7

• BBQ Pitt Paradise
NJ yaker's where are you?
« on: September 02, 2014, 08:21:56 PM »
Hi all tryin to get into Kayaking world, I have been fishing my whole life here and there. I really want to get into fishing on a kayak and take fishing to a whole other Level. I have 3 kayaks that I like, still haven't settle on one yet, but Plan to have one for next season.
I figured I'd take the time til then to join some forums and meet who's Yakin out by my area so this is why I start this thread. Just tryin to meet some vets in the world of kayaking.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 08:22:37 PM by JBlazeRx7 »
Mad Hispanic Angler

Offline Dalejam

• Fish-on
Re: NJ yaker's where are you?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2014, 11:43:05 AM »
Welcome Jblaze, t^
  There is alot of Yakers out on this forum not as many as boat owners, so you want to get into the yaking world. one thing i can tell you that i have learned from this forum. KISS Keep It Simple Stupid. dont go over board buying a ton of tings for the yak. buy what you need to go out fishing, then see about the other things. as for liking three different yaks that is good that you narrowed it down, DO NOT buy one on its looks. go to Jersey Paddle and talk to them and see if you can take one on the lake to see how it feels. all yaks look comfortable now adays, but after 4-5 hours on it your Butt will say different.

Where do you fish out of raritan bay or Barnaget. if you are in raritan i can help fish it alot. not so much south, but give it time others will chime in.

Dale
I'M working on fishing.

Offline JBlazeRx7

• BBQ Pitt Paradise
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2014, 12:13:41 PM »
Thanks Dale for all the great input. I will take a ride up to the Paddlers store one of these days. As for where am I gonna be fishing I'd say the Raritan for starters and hopefully with with a nice crew of ppl who've been doin it longer then I have lol!
Mad Hispanic Angler

Offline Dalejam

• Fish-on
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2014, 07:22:47 PM »
where you comming from, i live in Morris county NJ. So it takes me about a hour to reach the bay. worth it to me love the idea i can catch almost anything. give me a shout maybe we can hook-up and go out i can show you some spots that i have found by trial and error. time is your best research.

Dale
I'M working on fishing.

Offline JBlazeRx7

• BBQ Pitt Paradise
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2014, 08:51:55 PM »
Sounds great man like I said I'd like to go with ppl who Know the ropes.
Mad Hispanic Angler

Offline JBlazeRx7

• BBQ Pitt Paradise
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2014, 08:17:19 PM »
Checkin out some spot to do some practice Kayakin. clp
Mad Hispanic Angler

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2014, 11:29:21 PM »
 t^

Offline Floatsup

• kayak sails
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2014, 09:40:01 AM »
I also agree with the Jersey Paddler. Pat in the rigging shop can hook you up. Tell em TJ said hi.

Floats Out

Offline kayak1

• only at night
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2014, 11:46:27 AM »
Morning JBlaze.....You sure picked a good forum to post and get some good information and feed back.... from some of the best fisherman on the East coast........

I have 20 plus years of kayak fishing the waters of New Jersey....I found in the last couple of years that Kayaks have changed how people fish around the world.

There are so many kayaks that are on the market today....Take your time and check out what is out there before you make a purchase.......The reason I stand behind Jersey Paddler is that fact of the test drive before the purchase is made.....Just like a car.....

The fishing is the easy part of all this.....Keeping your ass in the kayak at all times....is a different story....and one which will make the fishing so much better and more enjoyable.

What worked for me through all these years of kayak fishing is being comfortable in my kayak and the fact of safety......I have the big Game by Ocean Kayak.....The keeps my 6 foot 230 pound body in the kayak no matter how big the waves get or how hard I need to battel a big fish......But this is what works for me....

Again welcome to the site......
Kayak-1
The areas I fish are the ones you said where a wast of time

Offline JBlazeRx7

• BBQ Pitt Paradise
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2014, 09:47:19 PM »
I also agree with the Jersey Paddler. Pat in the rigging shop can hook you up. Tell em TJ said hi.
Thanks man I really wanna make the trip out there one of these day for sure!  slt
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 09:48:04 PM by JBlazeRx7 »
Mad Hispanic Angler

Offline JBlazeRx7

• BBQ Pitt Paradise
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2014, 09:48:39 PM »
Morning JBlaze.....You sure picked a good forum to post and get some good information and feed back.... from some of the best fisherman on the East coast........

I have 20 plus years of kayak fishing the waters of New Jersey....I found in the last couple of years that Kayaks have changed how people fish around the world.

There are so many kayaks that are on the market today....Take your time and check out what is out there before you make a purchase.......The reason I stand behind Jersey Paddler is that fact of the test drive before the purchase is made.....Just like a car.....

The fishing is the easy part of all this.....Keeping your ass in the kayak at all times....is a different story....and one which will make the fishing so much better and more enjoyable.

What worked for me through all these years of kayak fishing is being comfortable in my kayak and the fact of safety......I have the big Game by Ocean Kayak.....The keeps my 6 foot 230 pound body in the kayak no matter how big the waves get or how hard I need to battel a big fish......But this is what works for me....

Again welcome to the site......
Kayak-1
slt
Mad Hispanic Angler

Offline JBlazeRx7

• BBQ Pitt Paradise
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2014, 09:59:26 PM »
Hey just tryin to get the yak gang together for some safety in quantity type yak fishin so I started this meet group. A good way to meet up with the pros up in here!  ;D
Just need to get my crap together and be ready to do some yakin! Gotta start somewhere!  slt

Check it out;

Email address for mailing list:

Tri-Statekayakanglers-list@meetup.com

Email address for announcements:

Tri-Statekayakanglers-announce@meetup.com

« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 08:24:24 PM by JBlazeRx7 »
Mad Hispanic Angler

Offline TomC253

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2014, 09:46:45 PM »
I am new to Kayaking,and new to the group, though I have been fishing NJ salt for years.
I live in Budd Lake and especially would like to meet the other angler from Budd Lake.
I have a PA 14 that I cartop so I can drive anywhere.I love all kinds of fish. My phone is 201-889-1091 and my email is tomc253@gmail.com. Would appreciate any invitations to come along with any of you guys as long as it is in the salt! and if I can make it. but please send me a text or email whenever there's any trips.Text me anytime, Late night before a trip is ok, i know how it is, sometimes I don't know I am going until the night before I go!

Offline JBlazeRx7

• BBQ Pitt Paradise
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2014, 10:48:36 PM »
Hi TomC253 same here, still roundin up my gear at this time myself. Tryin to meet up with the crew up in here myself . Everybody and DALE have been cool ppls man he should be chiming in soon. He's been really helpful as to pointers on how to keep it simple. Checkout the meetup group page I made up. Thanks!  slt
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 10:52:56 PM by JBlazeRx7 »
Mad Hispanic Angler

Offline Dalejam

• Fish-on
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2014, 08:08:05 AM »
 ovrbt

You have found the other angler from Budd Lake.
hi Tom, we have been writing to each other since i was told you were out here by Blaze, thanks Blaze.
Lets get to gether and talk about a day out fishing out on yaks.

anyone else want in. lets set up a date and time and chat about it.

Dale

welcome to the forum....
I'M working on fishing.

Offline JBlazeRx7

• BBQ Pitt Paradise
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2014, 07:50:23 PM »
Let us know how trip went guy's!
Mad Hispanic Angler

Offline JBlazeRx7

• BBQ Pitt Paradise
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2014, 09:47:04 PM »
Whats new guy's anybody been out on any adventures? Gettin cold out lol!
Mad Hispanic Angler

Offline Yakattack827

« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2014, 07:41:34 AM »
Welcome my friend! I'm fairly new to yak fishing , almost a year under my belt now. There honestly is no better way to fish if u ask me! I'm from ocean county/toms river area

Offline JBlazeRx7

• BBQ Pitt Paradise
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2015, 10:18:34 PM »
Well guy's I finally ordered my Big Tuna should have next week. I ordered my pfd, anchor visipole and paddle. I also have a vhf radio coming too.  clp
Mad Hispanic Angler

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2015, 10:55:50 PM »
Cool! t^  Post pics when you get it.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-